Boycotts

___

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cancelling my Union membership is something I contemplated in the heat of the moment. It would be a spite myself move however as I keep it as job insurance, although it would almost feel worth it to stop giving Labour my money.

If you do not want your union money to go to the Labour party then send an email to your union & copy in the text below, Fill in your name, address and the date and send it. Your union will then stop giving your money to the Labour party.

FORM OF EXEMPTION NOTICE.

**Insert union name**

POLITICAL FUND (EXEMPTION NOTICE)

I give notice that I object to contributing to the Labour Party through the Political Fund of the Union, and am in consequence exempt, in the manner provided for by Chapter VI of Part 1 of the Trade Union and Labour Relations (Consolidation) Act 1992, from contributing to any political fund that donates to the Labour party.

Name:

Address:

Date:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Union email addresses

GMB - info@gmb.org.uk

Aslef - info@aslef.org.uk

Community- info@community-tu.org

Communications and workers union - info@cwu.org

BECTU- info@bectu.org.uk

Unsain - cymruwales@unison.co.uk

Unite - tgwu@tgwu.org.uk

Usdaw - enquiries@usdaw.org.uk

Unity - contact@unitytheunion.org.uk

Musicians Union - info@musiciansunion.org.uk

Bakers Food and Allied Workers union - bfawuho@aol.com

I suppose I could boycott Walmart since they own Asda but it's been ages since I stepped foot in one. That place attracts the most vile, trashy, inbred types you can imagine. Nothing quite so vomit inducing as standing behind a fat, sweaty, cellulite laden creature in tight shorts. Asda's future maybe.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hates the working classes.

Ha ha. But but but asda pizzas!

We've got hb monitoring queues now! He'll be counting folk in and out of john Lewis as well- and feverishly checking the quarterly profit margins of rbs and standard life.

I think on this forum, the term I'm looking for is - obsessed.

IPSE-DIXIT-COVER-copy.jpg

I suppose I could boycott Walmart since they own Asda but it's been ages since I stepped foot in one. That place attracts the most vile, trashy, inbred types you can imagine. Nothing quite so vomit inducing as standing behind a fat, sweaty, cellulite laden creature in tight shorts. Asda's future maybe.

Don't wear tight shorts, then.

If I were to spend less at Asda and more at local shops, how is that not at least as good as the previous case. I would like to channel my distaste for the actions of companies like Asda into something positive for the local area. It's a win-win situation for me.

Exactly - a boycott of Asda might not have much effect on them, but does have an effect on a local butcher if you shop there instead.

I have a suggestion as to how these boycotts will go.

45 radical activist - "My neighbours and the residents in the streets near us were at an event I held and there were 254 of them there. They've shopped in ASDA since it opened 10 years ago but as a result of my event, they won't be back."

ASDA sales for that Post Code go up by 5%.

This is a good point well made. I know you only signed up/made your alias for the referendum but that was a rather droll post. There are a few points that follow on from this, though that give a bit of an insight into the expectation of the referendum result and its reality. I'd say::

1. Don't regard your pals on twitter or facebook as representative of the voting population. They are either 'friends' or folk you choose to follow for a reason.

2. Don't regard the number of visible "Yes" stickers/posters on folks' windows in your area as representative of the country.

OK so these two are obvious. The next two are more controversial:

3. "Aye" supporters on P&B are lying wee shites.

The nation voted 45% in favour of Yes. The myriad of P&B polls gave about 90% in favour of Yes.

Now I know that P&B has a different profile to Scotland as a whole but there has to be enough fermers, auld c***s, Bears, 18-24 year olds, Borderers, blokes who belonged to the BB, Teuchters, Orangemen, rich b*****ds and one or two Tories to confirm that 90% of P&B, when it came to pencil on paper, did not vote 'Yes'.

I know we will never find out - but I'd love to know how P&B did actually vote.

4. Some Yes supporters have been lied to by their family..

On the referendum day thread we had a fair few posts like, "That's me and my family voted. My auld dear was a confirmed 'Naw' but she came out for 'Yes' just last night"

Note to Yes supporters: How folk say they voted and how they did vote need not be the same.

Summary

Social media is a shite predictor

Folk lie both on here and to their family

Only trust the bookies.

Exactly - a boycott of Asda might not have much effect on them, but does have an effect on a local butcher if you shop there instead.

Is parking at Asda taboo as well? Was planning to use that one round the corner when we visit Ibrox but happy to leave the motor outside a local butchers if its closer.

This is a good point well made. I know you only signed up/made your alias for the referendum but that was a rather droll post. There are a few points that follow on from this, though that give a bit of an insight into the expectation of the referendum result and its reality. I'd say::

1. Don't regard your pals on twitter or facebook as representative of the voting population. They are either 'friends' or folk you choose to follow for a reason.

2. Don't regard the number of visible "Yes" stickers/posters on folks' windows in your area as representative of the country.

OK so these two are obvious. The next two are more controversial:

3. "Aye" supporters on P&B are lying wee shites.

The nation voted 45% in favour of Yes. The myriad of P&B polls gave about 90% in favour of Yes.

Now I know that P&B has a different profile to Scotland as a whole but there has to be enough fermers, auld c***s, Bears, 18-24 year olds, Borderers, blokes who belonged to the BB, Teuchters, Orangemen, rich b*****ds and one or two Tories to confirm that 90% of P&B, when it came to pencil on paper, did not vote 'Yes'.

I know we will never find out - but I'd love to know how P&B did actually vote.

4. Some Yes supporters have been lied to by their family..

On the referendum day thread we had a fair few posts like, "That's me and my family voted. My auld dear was a confirmed 'Naw' but she came out for 'Yes' just last night"

Note to Yes supporters: How folk say they voted and how they did vote need not be the same.

Summary

Social media is a shite predictor

Folk lie both on here and to their family

Only trust the bookies.

Or, to condense the above into a crystallisation of the truth -

Better Together lied to OAP's. OAP's voted No.

More succinct and gets to the nub of the issue, I feel.

im not buyin any tabloids again (not that they were worth reading before) im not paying tv liecience next year, giruy bbc! and i cancelled my sky & bt sports. tbf a big part of the sky decision was the ridiculous inflation in EPL traanfers and wages over the last few seasons and it pisses me off contrributing to that while our game has been run into the ground.

3 and 4 in your list arent mutually exclusive either.

The tall tales of Damascene conversions were just that.

Completely made up bullshit to elicit an 'Aye... gid yin m8'.

I do have sympathy for those who genuinely thought this meant Yes would win.

Poor Ayrmad is still out there somewhere mumbling to himself about window stickers and Facebook likes.

Archived