Boycotts

___

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't forget that he also recently opened an RBS account too....

Good point. Another astonishing claim.

Next he ll be saying he got a new credit card and we all know that's just an impossible dream.

And those questioning the validity of boycotts would do well to cast their mind back to the Rangers fiasco. I've no doubt that they played a major part in ensuring that the new club/company (delete as appropriate) were not re-admitted at the Championship or indded Premiership level. A different situation granted but it does serve to show that they can be effective.

Is the Asda thing this simple?

Asda say independence may lead to higher prices > no vote > yes people stop using asda?

Mind boggles

Well its not rocket science..but I'd say:

PM calls in the chiefs of the major supermarkets > calls in favours and asks that they intervene politically in the referendum, probably in return for a knighthood somewhere down the line (that's how these things usually work) > some people believe this shite, get scared and vote No > Yes voters decide to shop somewhere else, depriving Asda of a few customers.

Do you remember the 1997 referendum?

There were man y companies came out and predicted doom then too. They lied - for political reasons.

f**k them.

Edited to ask - did you vote in that referendum? I've met two folk on here that would get rid of the parliament even today...

Indeed. And one was even still here to make the same claim this time as well.

No company which spoke-out would've done so without considering the impact of a few people boycotting and weighing that against other priorities.

Like being in the good books with the PM? Like I said, maybe a knighthood? Maybe some legislation delayed that would force the supermarkets to do x, y, z?

The supermarkets would do just fine in an independent Scotland. The idea that this was not politically motivated is just nonsense.

Well its not rocket science..but I'd say:

PM calls in the chiefs of the major supermarkets > calls in favours and asks that they intervene politically in the referendum, probably in return for a knighthood somewhere down the line (that's how these things usually work) > some people believe this shite, get scared and vote No > Yes voters decide to shop somewhere else, depriving Asda of a few customers.

I wonder if they had also factored in '18May1991' spendings thousands on his new RBS card days after a 'No' vote. You begin to see now that it was a masterstroke.

I wonder if they had also factored in '18May1991' spendings thousands on his new RBS card days after a 'No' vote. You begin to see now that it was a masterstroke.

I didn't spend thousands. I did open a current account recently though. I don't know why that is so difficult to accept amongst the yes voters?

Fancy being so radical as to open a current account at your local bank and do your shopping at the closest supermarket?

I didn't spend thousands. I did open a current account recently though. I don't know why that is so difficult to accept amongst the yes voters?

Fancy being so radical as to open a current account at your local bank and do your shopping at the closest supermarket?

Hi David. Keep the vow!

Like getting the weekly shop and opening bank accounts and stuff.

The shop was done today, yes. Probably not the only no voter that does the weekly shop on a Saturday.

The bank account was opened recently, as I said. No need to open another one.

Did other 'stuff' as well, yes. Will spare you the details though.

The shop was done today, yes. Probably not the only no voter that does the weekly shop on a Saturday.

The bank account was opened recently, as I said. No need to open another one.

Did other 'stuff' as well, yes. Will spare you the details though.

Good man.

Archived