Boycotts

___

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won't cut off my nose, though I see Wings over Scotland is advocating cancelling TV licences. I stopped mine years ago on the basis that the BBC is shit, rather than partial.

Having become more educated during the referendum process about where our tax is going, I'd be keener to see a campaign to deprive the Tories of tax - and help improve health in Scotland. For example, a 20-a-day smoker abstaining could deprive the Government of more than £2,000 in tax, while buying two fewer bottles of wine a week would annually keep hundreds of pounds in your pocket to spend in your community, rather than going to the Treasury in London (for a £6 bottle of wine, £3.20 goes straight to the Treasury to spunk on bankers).

I won't cut off my nose, though I see Wings over Scotland is advocating cancelling TV licences. I stopped mine years ago on the basis that the BBC is shit, rather than partial.

Having become more educated during the referendum process about where our tax is going, I'd be keener to see a campaign to deprive the Tories of tax - and help improve health in Scotland. For example, a 20-a-day smoker abstaining could deprive the Government of more than £2,000 in tax, while buying two fewer bottles of wine a week would annually keep hundreds of pounds in your pocket to spend in your community, rather than going to the Treasury in London (for a £6 bottle of wine, £3.20 goes straight to the Treasury to spunk on bankers).

Booze and fags are great though.

No boycott, but I have started reading the Herald because of their referendum coverage. The other papers I avoid anyway as they are shite mind.

It does nothing

Na, boycotts achieve nothing.

That's not necessarily true.

Rangers and their ridiculous nonsense have given boycotting a bad name but this is different.

I am seriously considering getting rid of my TV license (having stuck in a complaint to the corporation today - due to their coverage of last night's trouble). Asda and others undoubtedly played a part in the fear campaign and this was nothing other than a political decision. For that I reckon there should be consequences.

I'm boycotting Asda but only because it's in Parkhead and used by complete troglodytes and scumbags.

Is that the one in the Forge? I went the cafe there once. Emotional.

Closing my RBS account on Monday. Actually looking forward to it. Hopefully many more do and give them a good kick in the baws

Already moved my accounts from RBS. Will never shop at Asda again. Hit them in the pocket.

Which bank did yous switch your account to?

Archived