Don't blame me, I voted YES

Granny Danger

I'm a wee bit concerned about those YES voters who are prepared to accept the collective responsibility of Thursdays decision. Everything from saying "we're a nation of shitebags" to wanting to change the national athem.

Don't sell yourselves short. Whatever happens now is not our fault. I'll still sing Flower of Scotland, despite it being a wee bitty nationalistic (like most national anthems) because I feel fully justified in singing it. I'll still support the national football team, and, most importantly, I will not accept any of the responsibility for whatever shit Westminster drops on our heads.

I believe our position was correct and whilst we lost the vote that doesn't mean we were wrong.

I made this point in another thread:

1967 - first SNP MP elected

2014 - 45% of the people of Scotland who voted supported Independence

The writing is on the wall but some people are just illiterate.

I'm on holiday, when I return I'm changing my avatar to this thread title.

I'm a wee bit concerned about those YES voters who are prepared to accept the collective responsibility of Thursdays decision. Everything from saying "we're a nation of shitebags" to wanting to change the national athem.

Don't sell yourselves short. Whatever happens now is not our fault. I'll still sing Flower of Scotland, despite it being a wee bitty nationalistic (like most national anthems) because I feel fully justified in singing it. I'll still support the national football team, and, most importantly, I will not accept any of the responsibility for whatever shit Westminster drops on our heads.

I believe our position was correct and whilst we lost the vote that doesn't mean we were wrong.

I made this point in another thread:

1967 - first SNP MP elected

2014 - 45% of the people of Scotland who voted supported Independence

The writing is on the wall but some people are just illiterate.

I'm on holiday, when I return I'm changing my avatar to this thread title.

You couldn't pick a better time :)

10672214_454436744697225_307584897009135

Whilst I'm a member of one of the oldie groups where NO was in the majority, just have a look at that chart. It is incredibly inspiring.

The 25-34, 35-44 and 45-54 groups had YES majorities. These are the people who are in the engine room of the economy; the people with kids, mortages and jobs (that we told would be under threat). The people that could have easily been frightened by the threats and rumours.

And yet the majority of the folks in these groups voted yes. That makes me incredibly proud.

I'm just waiting for the "vow" apologists on monday morning at work. The good thing about this campaign is my eyes have been opened, I'll take more interest in making Scotland a better place to live, and I'll never forget that 1.6 million others shared the same belief.

What would you be blamed for out of interest ?

Still waiting on your answers with regards clearing deficit.

And then making in roads against spiralling interest into the probable 2 to 3 trillion pound debt mountain.

All this whilst maintaining decent health, education, pension and care provisions.

For that is what we have just voted for in necoming the Northernest county of the UK.

Now have a wee think.

Still waiting on your answers with regards clearing deficit.

And then making in roads against spiralling interest into the probable 2 to 3 trillion pound debt mountain.

All this whilst maintaining decent health, education, pension and care provisions.

For that is what we have just voted for in necoming the Northernest county of the UK.

Now have a wee think.

The plan was to run Scotland at a deficit ?

Archived