Give It A F***ing Rest

Unleash The Nade

The voting's over and its a victory for the NO campaign.

It's time to drop all this petty gloating, conspiracy theories, blaming, and tit for tat pish that's going around on various forums.

Everyone had their reasons for voting the way they did ,some chose to share it with others, others didn't.

Just because they don't share your views, doesn't make them a bad person

It doesn't make anyone more or less Scottish

It doesn't make anyone braver or a coward

It doesn't make anyone a hero or a traitor

And more importantly ,it shouldn't cause great divisions within this country, which at times it's threatened to

Understandably, many people are upset at the result, but some of the bitterness and aggressiveness shown on some of the forums by both sides, is out of order and all getting a bit tedious.

Regardless of what you voted, lets just get on with it ,or we'll end up doing more harm than good

Some of us have invested a fair bit of emotion in this. It's not just a tap we can turn off, I'm afraid.

To be fair to you, you have shown up today.

Several others of your ilk have not.

Some of us have invested a fair bit of emotion in this. It's not just a tap we can turn off, I'm afraid.

I completely understand that and never said it was.

I feel genuinely sorry for those who have given it their all for the YES vote, but like any result, a winner and a loser.

ETA.I'm just getting pissed off at all the petty point scoring that's going on now

Obviously social media is going to be a forum for the disappointed people to blow off steam and for the really sad c***s to gloat. I don't think it's indicative of some "divided" country. We'll all go back to work and we'll still offer our colleagues of the opposite persuasion a cup of tea when we're putting the kettle on.

It does make people less Scottish though. Me, for example. I now have no faith in this countries ability or even desire to make things better for the people living in it.

The positive, if you can call it that, is that I'll channel my energy differently now. Going to make a promise to myself to leave in some stuff to the foodbank whenever I get paid. Feeling disgusted that this even exists was in some ways, a coping mechanism for me doing f**k all about it - "how does this exist" etc etc. I can't do that now, this is what we've got forever and I'm not the worst off. Canny be a hypocrite complaining any more.

Now more than ever we need to stand together. I'm devastated it was a No but I'm not going to hold it against anyone because, as the OP referred to, we all had our reasons for voting the way we did.

I feel it's important that we remember that everyone wants the best for our country, even if we have differing views on how to achieve that improvement.

It should make everyone feel less scottish. We are more or less the north of britain now, hoping westminister will throw us a wee bone (devo powers) for being a good little dog.

Proud to be from a city that didnt want to take it up the ass from westminister and didnt accept the increasing foodbank in scotland yet the billions which are paid to maintaining the trident instead. If saying you're not any less scottish because you voted to let the english rule us helps you sleep at night then go ahead.

It should make everyone feel less scottish. We are more or less the north of britain now, hoping westminister will throw us a wee bone (devo powers) for being a good little dog.

Proud to be from a city that didnt want to take it up the ass from westminister and didnt accept the increasing foodbank in scotland yet the billions which are paid to maintaining the trident instead. If saying you're not any less scottish because you voted to let the english rule us helps you sleep at night then go ahead.

Define "more Scottish"?

I'm assuming you were born here and have Scottish parents and grandparents as I have

Voting what "you believed" to be best for Scotland and me voting for what "I believed" to be better for Scotland ,doesn't change things.

It means we have different views and opinions, but its doesn't make you more, or me less Scottish.

Don't use Facebook or Twitter so thankfully don't have to read the pish on there.

Had my heart on my sleeve was yes vote daft. Put a lot into campaigning and speaking for the yes vote. Have to be honest this morning I was angry blaming everyone and everything now I have time to reflect I am just upset that I didn't get what I wanted or believed in. Fact is though the MAJORITY in Scotland got what they felt was best and I just have to accept that and get on with it.

Maybe tinted specs, maybe blind faith or maybe just sheer hope and desperation but I genuinely believed we could run it close. Tbh that wasn't close that was a convincing win for the no campaign and never looked in doubt once the results started coming in. That's what crushed me was the hope and then having it taken away. If the polls had the no vote streets ahead then fine but the last 2 weeks really did get us all thinking we had an outside chance.

Not interested in the tit for tat mentally if people want to gloat that's their choice only thing I would say was the outcome was supposed to be a win for the people of Scotland. No for one side and not for any political party. Who really won today ? Was it any individual person ?

Any way another rant down now back to work with my face tripping me.

Define "more Scottish"?

I'm assuming you were born here and have Scottish parents and grandparents as I have

Voting what "you believed" to be best for Scotland and me voting for what "I believed" to be better for Scotland ,doesn't change things.

It means we have different views and opinions, but its doesn't make you more, or me less Scottish.

Oh but it does - you're a lick spittle, obsequious, cap doffing, Uriah Heep, North British, treacherous quisling.

Fortunately for me, I live in the subsidised failed statelet, so I know which side my bread is buttered - your lordship.

To be fair to you, you have shown up today.

Several others of your ilk have not.

Given the endless topics, musings, slaggings, pops, rebuttals, snide remarks and oneupmanship I have displayed throughout the history of this sub-forum, I'd look a bit of a c**t if I went into hiding if the result didn't go my way.

I don't think there's much to be achieved in any of this to be honest.

We've lost. It's rubbish, I'm devastated, but it's a democratic process and that's how the votes fell.

Westminster better deliver on their promises now though - not far off half the country expects action now (probably know as I'm sure most who voted no acknowledge that change is required). The English, Welsh and Northern Irish expect action too.

No point in looking back at what could've been, we must all pressurise as a collective together.

Define "more Scottish"?

The fact you beleive that English tories will do a better job of running Scotland than any Scottish party makes you less scottish imo. It more about the feeling of being scottish, sure people have been born here but the way they views thing can definitely been seen as less Scottish . Any Scotsman that sings GSTQ is literally less Scottish.

Fact is though that a clear majority of the country voted for it so I have to accept democracy , doesnt mean i wont be bitter about it for a few days though. Can only hope there will be another chance later on in my life.

Archived