A positive for Yes voters

Ross.

In the name of compromise, Cameron will try and give himself the best of both worlds. He will try to make English bills English votes only, and still have the Lords to prop him up. An English parliament would bypass the Lords, so he won't propose that. It will be down to 2 things: 1) What will Labour do if they win the election and 2) Will they win the election? The damage they have done themselves south of the border due to their behaviour during the referendum campaign cannot be underestimated, even amongst No supporters. The election could even hinge on what they propose. Will they go along with the Tories on the West Lothian question? They voted with the Tories on the benefits cap, which was designed to dissipate Labours votes in their main stronghold in the Midlands, East Anglia and the South of England combined (London) so don't assume they won't go along with the Tories on this 1 to save votes either. England has an overall majority of M.P's in the commons, most people here don't care about the West Lothian question or want it addressed. This is Labour's last chance for me. If they can stand firm on this, then I might just vote for them next year if/until someone better comes along.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To quote a certain band

'If there's one great thing to happen in my life

If there's one great day, if there's one great height

Let it be the time for peace; let it be the time of right

If there's one great thing to happen in my life'

We'll do it one day Scotland. Just not today

Archived