What Happens Now?

Scary Bear

I fully expect all manor of announcements made within the next 2 years such as. Oh shit turns out there is a f**k ton of oil after all and Rosyth will be shutting.

And those mystical powers we promised you well sorry it doesn't sit right with the cotswolds.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only way I can any meaningful change for Scotland and the powers it has, is for Milliband to be ousted from Labour, and for the likes of Murphy or Alexander to become next Labour leader, or at least have influence on policy.

The only way I can any meaningful change for Scotland and the powers it has, is for Milliband to be ousted from Labour, and for the likes of Murphy or Alexander to become next Labour leader, or at least have influence on policy.

I think labour have won the battle but lost the war. Scotland stays but they'll find non English MPs unable to legislate on English issues a nightmare. It's on the cards.

Given the closeness of the result and the huge turnout I don't think that can be ignored......I'm hopeful we'll see more devolutionary powers not just to Hollyrood but also to the Welsh and Northern Irish Assemblies.

Hopefully this will be the start of Politics being more engaging at local levels..........it certainly needs to stem the apathy normally shown.

For that reason, I don't think it's all bad for the Yes campaign.

What I find frustrating is the number of no voters who seem to want the benefits of this campaign i.e voter engagement, high turn outs, additional powers etc but don't seem to realise they got that BECAUSE if the campaign and voting no has put it straight back to what it was before.

Could it not be that some of your countrymen see themselves as Brits?

I've heard many say that want change for the UK not simply Scotland. I think that a lot of people have underestimated the belonging that many feel to the United Kingdom.

Yes probably but the majority voted No out of fear.

If you overlook that you've probably missed the root of the problem.

This is NOT a happy country regardless of who you voted for.

Other than a 50.1% Yes vote, this result is probably the worst possible outcome.

BT scraping home is seriously bad news.

You can apply that not just to Scotland but to the entire kingdom.

Our great successes of the past have come when have stood together.

I think the Scots can lead this change for the better of all. You have a history of doing so

<thumbs up>

...Any powers we'll be handed will be unable to be wielded because they be incomplete powers...

Holyrood politicians have been able to grab control over energy policy that was originally supposed to be reserved at Westminster and Salmond has even talked about having a veto over Trident being based at Faslane courtesy of Holyrood's hold over planning policy. The SNP can't just throw their toys out the pram at this point. If there are going to be negotiations over more powers they need to effectively represent the interests of the Scottish electorate on that and not just their hardcore 30% or so that fully buy into their brand of nationalism.

This is only the first leg. I know we are an away goal down, and now our centre forward is crocked and will not be able to play in the second leg.

But we learned from the first game. We need to change formation and the style of play for the next leg.

Don't go out hell for leather and get suckered by a last minute goal. (By the way this goal will later be seen to be offside, when the 'vow' is broken).

Think more about tactics, and a good counterattack. Another striker to come off the bench is needed.

Over to you , Nicola!

By the way, if this is of any use, Lord Robert Smith of Kelvin who Dave has put in charge of the new bits of Scottish 'devolution' is a 'wee boy from Maryhill'. I saw him at Firhill several years ago. I think it was the day we got gubbed at home by Ayr to get demoted to the second division!

Well, what happens now?

45% want independence, 55% don't. No idea how many of the No vote would have voted for Devo Max as it wasn't on the ballot paper. My preferred option would have been a federal system, but as only the Lib Dems are proposing this, it's unlikely.

Thoughts?

Civil war. Yugoslavia style. Worked there.

Archived