Alex Salmond

Salmond is the best politician on the go. A superb ambassador for Scotland and I hope he stays on as FM.

Definitely, hope he stays on

Either way SNP has my vote for the forseeable future, probably in both set of elections if i don't abstain from the general

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Salmond shouldn't resign but he shouldn't go for another term in 2016 I don't think. Pass the reins onto Nicola at that point.

What's the point in that?

Surely go now and let Nicola bed in and establish herself before the elections.

He's got to go.

I'm an SNP voter and have been for the last 2 Scottish Parliamentary elections.

I may vote for them if Nicola takes the leadership. If Salmond stays the SNP loses my vote.

He must see beyond his egoism. He's lead his army up to the top of the mountain, why lead them back down again?

Write your best selling memoirs then retire. Let us and help us move on from this.

Why would your vote be based on the future of a single individual? This isn't presidential politics.

Why would your vote be based on the future of a single individual? This isn't presidential politics.

It's party politics. The party can choose to stay in the past, or they can choose to move on. My vote will depend on what option they choose.

Not that party politics is something that I get passionate about.

Anyone who votes for a political party based on its leader is a bit thick.

It's like someone voting for a political party because they've always voted for that party regardless of how much they or the party's position has changed.

Maybe is not being thick, maybe it's just intellectual laziness, a desire to engage with the political process without having to think to about it too much.

People should vote based upon their aspirations, what they want to see at a particular time and in particular circumstances. If this means voting for different parties in different elections that's fair enough. It's a conscious desire to look at a particular situation and thinking 'my personal political/social objectives are best served voting this way'.

Anyone who votes for a political party based on its leader is a bit thick.

It's like someone voting for a political party because they've always voted for that party regardless of how much they or the party's position has changed.

Maybe is not being thick, maybe it's just intellectual laziness, a desire to engage with the political process without having to think to about it too much.

People should vote based upon their aspirations, what they want to see at a particular time and in particular circumstances. If this means voting for different parties in different elections that's fair enough. It's a conscious desire to look at a particular situation and thinking 'my personal political/social objectives are best served voting this way'.

True, but people are much more emotional than that and part of a leader's role is to articulate a party's position. The two are intertwined.

I'm just glad his face won't be on my telly every day for the foreseeable.

He may be a good politician but he is an egotistical twat.

It bothers me when people say this. He has Scotlands best interests at heart and has only ever wanted to give us the powers we deserve. The man is a wonderful politician that Scotland should be proud of. Maybe one day you'll realise that.

The SNP would be mental to oust Salmond at this point when the Westminster parties are on the hook for negotiations over more powers that have to be passed at Holyrood as well as at Westminster.

Westminster parties have agreed to nothing

Archived