Alex Salmond

The folk who are moaning about the result, blaming the English, pensioners and rangers fans are almost the exact equivalent of the 'Little Englanders' who they so despise. They cloak their rhetoric about being about foodbanks and poverty but really, the fact many are going on about how people who vote no shouldnt sing 'flower of scotland' or go to Scotland matches. They are the nearest Scotland has to 'little englanders'.

Honestly couldn't give a f**k about Scottish nationalism - the 'I'm Scottish cos I eat more shortbread than you' type stuff that has been said. My reason for voting no was that I don't believe Scotland would be in a better place to fight poverty or inequality than a devolved parliament that can spend its money how it chooses without having to bother with raising divisive taxes (and thats why I dont gove a shit about the more powers issue - although since they promised them Westminster better deliver them.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sparky88, on 20 Sept 2014 - 09:00, said:

The folk who are moaning about the result, blaming the English, pensioners and rangers fans are almost the exact equivalent of the 'Little Englanders' who they so despise. They cloak their rhetoric about being about foodbanks and poverty but really, the fact many are going on about how people who vote no shouldnt sing 'flower of scotland' or go to Scotland matches. They are the nearest Scotland has to 'little englanders'.

Honestly couldn't give a f**k about Scottish nationalism - the 'I'm Scottish cos I eat more shortbread than you' type stuff that has been said. My reason for voting no was that I don't believe Scotland would be in a better place to fight poverty or inequality than a devolved parliament that can spend its money how it chooses without having to bother with raising divisive taxes (and thats why I dont gove a shit about the more powers issue - although since they promised them Westminster better deliver them.

Where has this been said?!

Where has this been said?!

The inference was clear in salmond and the snp's tactics. Team Scotland, calling no's quislings, the use of the Saltire etc. All of these things had an intended message.

Disgusting really but to be expected.

Letting himself down now IMO by claiming the voters have been tricked. How is that so?

Also, according to this board only 180,000 people made their mind up in the last week after the vow was made which would have had no impact on the final result.

I'm sure I seen somewhere that 1 in 4 voted no because of the vow. Even if only half of that genuinely had the vow as their reason then we would've won. The gullible were swayed by the words of career politicians.

Interesting criticism by Salmond of WM.

These were the same politicians who he was going to go into smooth and easy negotiations that would end in 18 months with agreement on everything. 18 months was very optimistic anyway. However the timetable he believes should exist for them is.....what 7 days??????

I think Alex should go with dignity because he's starting to sound like a whinging, unreasonable, stupid c**t.

Letting himself down now IMO by claiming the voters have been tricked. How is that so?

Also, according to this board only 180,000 people made their mind up in the last week after the vow was made which would have had no impact on the final result.

It wasn't all to do with the vow though was it?????

Whole way through it was 'a stronger Scottish parliament with the strength and security of being in the United Kingdom' that's been the line from the very beginning.

Scottish Labour will be doing cartwheels, he has utterly owned them at Holyrood for the last decade. Not that they have any talent at all within their own party to take advantage of the situation.

I think they're be starting to shite it right now.

Archived