Alex Salmond

It's looking like a No.

Now, more than ever, I hope Alex Salmond stays on as leader of the SNP and leads the Party into another Scottish election.

He is one of the few Statesman like Politicians we have, and like him or love him, he will always fight Scotland's corner.

Please stay, Eck!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Said a good few days ago in the Independence thread:

Regardless of the outcome, Salmond has to go down as one of the greatest politicians Scotland has ever seen. To get the SNP - A party that was relatively insignificant when he joined - to having a majority in the Scottish Parliament with a system that was designed to stop such an occurrence. He's now engaged the whole of Scotland in a debate that has people actually taking an active interest in politics again.

Compare Salmond to some of the other politician's floating about these days, like the slimy Alexander's, Galloway's even Sheridan's. Then you have the ineptitude of Ian Gray, Johann Lamont, the majority of the Labour Party including Darling, Miliband and Brown. Then there's of course your Farage, Cameron, Davidson and others. We're lucky that we have such an astute First Minister tbh.

Tonight's result makes no difference to this. Salmond is undoubtedly one of the BEST Scotland and more than likely, Britain has to offer in terms of shrewd politicians. It'd be a huge blow if he were to step down.

Think it'll still be Salmond until the end of his term, with Sturgeon standing on the next election ticket. Yousaf seems impressive but I think Sturgeon has spent too long in the role to be passed over.

Can only hope for Machiavellian ploy...

He's got to go.

I'm an SNP voter and have been for the last 2 Scottish Parliamentary elections.

I may vote for them if Nicola takes the leadership. If Salmond stays the SNP loses my vote.

He must see beyond his egoism. He's lead his army up to the top of the mountain, why lead them back down again?

Write your best selling memoirs then retire. Let us and help us move on from this.

Archived