Up all night thread

1320Lichtie

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I completely agree with this, I understand the original point but the SNP will never be able to influence change at WM.

Once the West Lothian argument is resolved whoever we elect to represent our constituencies at WM will be voiceless in devolved matters anyway.

I'll be bitterly voting Tory or not at all to so what I can to keep Labour out of power

SNP at Holyrood though.

Labour have counted on "vote us to keep the Tories out" and "Tories have no mandate in Scotland" as they did during the Thatcher and Major years.

They'll never be able to use either of these argument credibility again

Labour have counted on "vote us to keep the Tories out" and "Tories have no mandate in Scotland" as they did during the Thatcher and Major years.

They'll never be able to use either of these argument credibility again

They'll use them nonetheless.

In the last Scottish election, I voted SNP as they were the party I hated least at the time. Still couldn't stand them, mind.

Can't help but wonder if anyone else did, seeing that the electorate put them in power but as a whole didn't want to follow them all the way to independence.

Labour will still skoosh the Scottish seats in 2015. Some of the results last night proved the monkey in red rosette rule still prevails big time.

Hopefully the Tories win overall though.

Maybe before this campaign I would have taken issue with that. I despise the Tories and all they stand for.

However on all the big issues the Labour Party has become indistinguishable from them and that will cause Labour a problem.

Tony Benn once said "If you offer the people the choice between two Tory parties don't be surprised if they choose the real one".

In the last Scottish election, I voted SNP as they were the party I hated least at the time. Still couldn't stand them, mind.

Can't help but wonder if anyone else did, seeing that the electorate put them in power but as a whole didn't want to follow them all the way to independence.

Over the last 18 months or so I've met quite a few folk who told me they'd voted SNP as a protest vote and were now pissed off at the referendum because "I didnae realise they'd try and actually get independence". Idiots.

Maybe before this campaign I would have taken issue with that. I despise the Tories and all they stand for.

However on all the big issues the Labour Party has become indistinguishable from them and that will cause Labour a problem.

Tony Benn once said "If you offer the people the choice between two Tory parties don't be surprised if they choose the real one".

Precisely. Easier to just call a spade a spade sometimes.

Over the last 18 months or so I've met quite a few folk who told me they'd voted SNP as a protest vote and were now pissed off at the referendum because "I didnae realise they'd try and actually get independence". Idiots.

Im exactly the same as the poster above. Voted SNP as they were marginally the least bad option.

I was fine with their Indy ref mandate. I like referendums and was very confident it wouldn't lead to separation .

I read an unofficial exit poll (probably on here) that said 86% of people who votes for SNP last time votes Yes.

I'm assuming you are just kidding. We live in a democracy everyone is entitled to vote.

However, when the in depth analysis takes place, if this age group has proven to be the deciding factor in a NO vote then it gives justification for another referendum in 10-15 years.

http://lordashcroftpolls.com/2014/09/scotland-voted/

See the summary results. No won 73% of the vote among over 65s, and 57% among 55-64s. Yes won every other ten-year group: the vote of the working-age population was in fact hopelessly split.

"Decisive" verdict of a nation my arse. It was a sectional and generational vote that decided it. f**k them.

Archived