West Region Fixture List

ex-german exile

Given that every season we lose games in the winter due to bad weather, it seems incredible to me that the fixture secretary has scheduled 4 home games out of the first 6 for both Petershill and Largs.

Don't misunderstand, I am not suggesting that the teams with plastic pitches should play more games away early in the season, but to skew it the other way seems to demonstrate a lack of foresight.

Given that every season we lose games in the winter due to bad weather, it seems incredible to me that the fixture secretary has scheduled 4 home games out of the first 6 for both Petershill and Largs.

Don't misunderstand, I am not suggesting that the teams with plastic pitches should play more games away early in the season, but to skew it the other way seems to demonstrate a lack of foresight.

You make a reasonable point however in Petershills case, I'm sure they still share with Rossvale so presumabley the pitch will be used every weekend in any case.

The other point I guess is that they would both be finished way before the rest if they got their away games in now.

Can work both ways depending on how harsh the winter is. We went through last season without a single cancellation, home or away, so ran out of games very early.

Can work both ways depending on how harsh the winter is. We went through last season without a single cancellation, home or away, so ran out of games very early.

Exactly so if for example you qualified for the ET cup youd have to keep the players on for weeks maybe months and with no income being generated.

Exactly so if for example you qualified for the ET cup youd have to keep the players on for weeks maybe months and with no income being generated.

The season we were in the playoff we had gone 3 weeks without a competitive match, but that has been the case for most of the Super Premier teams because of the shorter league season than the Super first.

Our last 2 league games last season were on 22nd March and 26th April, and it was the first time ever that our season was finished before the start of May.

I've yet to hear a really valid reason why we can't have the full season fixtures ( or at least half a season) done up front .

If games are postponed due to cup replays etc, then let them make one of the weird decisions regarding fixtures rather than have everybody waiting for a bombshell every few weeks

The game is suffering due to lack of revenue and this would let clubs book sponsors for match day entertainment at least a few weeks in advance rather than trying to search for sponsors at 2 weeks notice and, consequently , having a few games not taken up each season. This can cost clubs a good few hundred pounds in lost revenue each season

Mind you we would probably still get cocks ups even when it is much simpler(?) .......... Talbot v Glens at Troon .......... See what I mean !!!!!!!

Archived