spartans

happy gilmore

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spartans could do themselves wonders if they progress further. They'll make a mint, and money like that can transform a club.

The dream surely for any Spartans fan would be to go though and draw Hibs at home. Knowing Hibs, Spartans fans would probably be already looking up semi final dates to mark in their diaries.

Even to get to this stage with two four figure attendances will be a great boost to the coffers for Spartans (and Albion Rovers for the second year in a row). With a stadium that isn't a decaying hellhole as well as a good team. It definitely sets up the club for a wee while at least.

If they get through, Grim will be like this

Even to get to this stage with two four figure attendances will be a great boost to the coffers for Spartans (and Albion Rovers for the second year in a row). With a stadium that isn't a decaying hellhole as well as a good team. It definitely sets up the club for a wee while at least.

If they get through, Grim will be like this

This time next year (to coin a Delboy phrase) we could be... In Europe' l

Grimbo

Also if anyone is looking for a nice gift we are doing our season ticket sale again, £25/£12.50 for the rest of the season

Get 'em at the gate before the game tomorrow & start the festive season off early by buying me a pint at 1/2 time.

Grimbo

I'll remember that! Don't get many Saturdays off so can't go to the games too often but would like a beer when I get there. Saw a video from inside the clubhouse after the Morton game, looked good.

I'm missing the Preston game, Ralphie called me a glory hunter earlier when he & his missus was walking past ours ha ha. No seriously I'm down on family business in Manc. But I'm back for the Ed City cup match the following Saturday, it's an early doors ko, (players night oot but keep it schtum).

Grimbo

Astounding result.

That said: I went to the relegation 6-pointer, Preston v Threave, a few weeks ago which finished 6-0 (until today that was Preston's only win in any competition this season) so the Panners can turn-in a performance on their day.

I suspect that's shatterred many a coupon across Scotland tonight.

I'm missing the Preston game, Ralphie called me a glory hunter earlier when he & his missus was walking past ours ha ha. No seriously I'm down on family business in Manc. But I'm back for the Ed City cup match the following Saturday, it's an early doors ko, (players night oot but keep it schtum).

Grimbo

It's fine and well turning up for the big games in a sombrero Grimbo ...

Astounding result.

That said: I went to the relegation 6-pointer, Preston v Threave, a few weeks ago which finished 6-0 (until today that was Preston's only win in any competition this season) so the Panners can turn-in a performance on their day.

I suspect that's shatterred many a coupon across Scotland tonight.

Think it once again shows the strength in depth of the league. Club at bottom goes to champions who are unbeaten since the summer months, and gets a win and clean sheet. So t think this sort if thing happens in highland league and it's defo not been happening in junior super leagues of late.

The temptation would be to say it show the league isn't actually full of quality- but based on the fact that spartans beat a full time league one side and therefore have undoubted quality- it's refreshing to see that this type of result can happen. Add to that the fact that two teams are now above them in the league and that ww could win their game in hand and be a point behind and it makes for a very interesting and high quality league IMO.

The temptation would be to say it show the league isn't actually full of quality- but based on the fact that spartans beat a full time league one side and therefore have undoubted quality- it's refreshing to see that this type of result can happen. Add to that the fact that two teams are now above them in the league....

..and you could have had great odds on one of those teams a couple of months ago. ;)

Archived