spartans

happy gilmore

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nine games into a 26 game season- about 35% and folk are already handing someone the title? Two months ago spartans were already being crowned by some. Things can change for every team on a week by week basis. Not saying I expect city to fall away completely but still think the usual suspects will be at the top in April- which is the only time that matters ( see Brendan Rodgers for confirmation) and city haven't been a usual suspect for a long time.

Do like seethrough using his lowland league wallchart to predict results though- you should attempt the betting thread predictor!

If Spartans or Whitehill are to catch City then they will have to improve a lot. By all accounts Sammy has spent a lot of money however majority seem to be young lads with little experience. Saying that they may well improve and get stronger as season goes on.

I don't think Whitehill have a strong enough squad.

Having seen the three of them in recent weeks, I don't think there is much between them. However I would have said East Kilbride looked better than the three of them.

Not saying that City didn't deserve their win yesterday as they scored two and we didn't score any but they were a bit lucky yesterday. If Gretna had put their chances away in the first half, people wouldn't be so quick crown City already.

I don't think Whitehill have a strong enough squad.

A squad that's only lost once in the Lowland League (2-1 to Spartans) in 10 and a half months.

Nae Gareth Thom, Ryan McGurk, Kyle Quinn, Danny Noon, Andrew Kidd, Wayne McIntosh or Aaron Somerville yesterday and still won. Just saying ... :)

Have u seen them yet dal ive seen them on 3 different occasions against Edinburgh city Edinburgh uni and east kilbride and they were lucky to get 2 points from they 3 games they will NOT win the league and that's a fact

Yes i have seen them on a few occations this season, dont think they have started with there first choice 11 so far? I might be wrong. because of injuries or other reasons, its early days, they are still in the top 3 positions, and will get stronger! do not count them out!

So if ww beat them at home there 3 points behind! U can't see them losing 3 points and kilbie beat them it's 1 point !!a lot football to be played !! Are u related to mystic meg.....

Yeah but whitehill and kilbie will drop points also I just think 5 points is too much too catch Edinburgh city would need to collapse for a team to get close to them

1) We're actually a good team this season

2) We're not getting carried away

3) We might be there or there abouts, as will old chums Spartans and Whitehill I would have thought.

4) I'm enjoying the ride...

5).....while waiting for the usual f*cking shambles that City are capable of!

Collapse? They haven't played EK yet- if they lose both of them then EK go above them! 5pts is absolutely nothing and will get wiped out in a week at some point this season. Mark my words. Usual suspects will be fighting this out.

im not saying the usual teams wont be up there but I reckon 10 wins from there 17 games will win Edinburgh city the league and they will do that

I wonder why this thread is not called "e-City for the League"?

Seems to me that is your point, or are you worried that only 3 people would see it if you called it that, so creating ANOTHER Spartans thread got you all the views & replies.

I call a false flag thread.

Grimbo

My thoughts exactly.

They are away to Skelmersdale united in the FA cup on Saturday.

Supporters bus leaves 0930 hours and costs £17 members £19 non members

£19 to Skem ffs mind you I wouldn't take my car their, it's the scouse over-spill, they still trade in hub caps & blaupunkt cassette radios.

Grimbo

• 1 month later...

Archived