spartans

happy gilmore

Surely, you remind me of a Chas n Dave song (not the rabbit one).

The leagues are showered with our talent. Have you seen our academy? Have you seen any academy? It's a place were kids come to learn & develop their skills & talent. Most folk when they leave school don't go on to be teachers at their school do they?

Deano is a perfect example of our talent too, he moved up & on from us too, I'd love to see him still playing for us but just like your dream team neither of us are likely to get our wish.

Maybe the next Deano is a 10 year old lad at our academy, but we will still be in the same position has Barca that players once developed move on, it's the nature of the beast but no one in their right mind is going to say close down the academies if you don't get to keep all the talent you've created. Are they?

There was nowt wrong with jumpers for goalposts but boy how much do I wish that I had a football academy on my doorstep has a kid?

Grimbo

Snooker loopy? ;-)

So let me get this right, the purpose of the spartans academy is to develop players for the other teams in the league to use? Suppose I can see how a man city fan would think that's the way with your sides record at young local talent coming through.

The point I make is that there seems to be no record of it happening and I can't think it's a coincidence between that and the fact the club seems to actively pursue the best talent at other clubs. This in itself isn't a problem although when guys like beacher and hovis spend so much time on the bench rather than pitch I'm inclined to think it's 'stockpiling' talent the way someone like Chelsea does. Just as important to weaken the opp. than it is to develop our own.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you actually look at the aims of the academy you'll realise that producing fantastic footballers isn't within its remit:

http://www.spartanscfa.com/about/

The Spartans Community Football Academy is a registered company limited by guarantee. The Academy is also a registered charity and not for profit organisation. Our vision is:

”to be a valued organisation in North Edinburgh by re-defining what’s possible for a Football Club in terms of community engagement and participation, by delivering a positive social impact through the power of people and sport”.

Underneath our vision and aspirations for the future sits a number of specific key social aims and objectives which drive our organisation, namely, to:

■provide new opportunities for more people to participate in sport and recreational activities.
■provide learning and development opportunities for people.
■have a positive impact on social targets such as health improvement, increased employment opportunities and crime reduction.
■help strengthen community cohesion by becoming a focal point for a range of community based activities and programmes.

Our core values are important to us, they sit at the heart of our business and everything we do. They are:

■Integrity – we are open, honest, reliable and stay true to our social aims and objectives.
■Respect for All – we respect each other and and everyone we deal with at all times.
■Customer Excellence – we aim to deliver services and products which make our customers smile and want to tell their friends about us.
■Honour Uniqueness – we embrace the fact we are different and have different MAPs of the world.
■Innovation – we adopt a can do mindset, a solutions based approach which actively looks for creative solutions to any opportunities and challenges we face.
■Inclusion – we welcome and open our doors to everyone in our community and beyond.

If we get too bogged down in 'producing players' then the wider benefit of the academy and the great work they do will be lost. Even if Spartans never have a 'home produced' player, the academy can still be a wonderful success. It's just a pity we don't have more of the great people at Spartans........

I think he has.

February 7th?

Even if City sufferred no postponements AND won all 5 games up to and including February 7th, they'd be on 53pts. You would need Spartans to have played their 5 possible games (or 4 - 1 looks to be 'provisional') AND taken only 6pts/fewer from 15 (or 3pts/fewer from 12), to be mathematically unable to catch-up.

Gretna are similar, currently being 2pts closer but played 1 game more.

I think he has.

February 7th?

Even if City sufferred no postponements AND won all 5 games up to and including February 7th, they'd be on 53pts. You would need Spartans to have played their 5 possible games (or 4 - 1 looks to be 'provisional') AND taken only 4pts or fewer from 15 (or 1pt from 12), to be mathematically unable to catch-up.

Didn't think it would be a possibility HJ- but didn't have the games at hand to do the maths. Anyway, here's to having some of what Happy is having!

My prediction is city will win the league on the 7th of february against bsc

I think he has.

February 7th?

Even if City sufferred no postponements AND won all 5 games up to and including February 7th, they'd be on 53pts. You would need Spartans to have played their 5 possible games (or 4 - 1 looks to be 'provisional') AND taken only 6pts/fewer from 15 (or 3pts/fewer from 12), to be mathematically unable to catch-up.

Gretna are similar, currently being 2pts closer but played 1 game more.

It's only his prediction so although unlikely it is mathematically possible that he could be right.

Let him be and don't burst the bubble of his dream.

If I was drinking the same as Happy then we too could have won it by Feb 7th if everyone loses all their games to us & e-City lose ALL of their matches this season of good will it will be & I'll have a double with us winning the Scotch Cup.

Grimbo

If you actually look at the aims of the academy you'll realise that producing fantastic footballers isn't within its remit:

http://www.spartanscfa.com/about/

The Spartans Community Football Academy is a registered company limited by guarantee. The Academy is also a registered charity and not for profit organisation. Our vision is:

”to be a valued organisation in North Edinburgh by re-defining what’s possible for a Football Club in terms of community engagement and participation, by delivering a positive social impact through the power of people and sport”.

Underneath our vision and aspirations for the future sits a number of specific key social aims and objectives which drive our organisation, namely, to:

■provide new opportunities for more people to participate in sport and recreational activities.

■provide learning and development opportunities for people.

■have a positive impact on social targets such as health improvement, increased employment opportunities and crime reduction.

■help strengthen community cohesion by becoming a focal point for a range of community based activities and programmes.

Our core values are important to us, they sit at the heart of our business and everything we do. They are:

■Integrity – we are open, honest, reliable and stay true to our social aims and objectives.

■Respect for All – we respect each other and and everyone we deal with at all times.

■Customer Excellence – we aim to deliver services and products which make our customers smile and want to tell their friends about us.

■Honour Uniqueness – we embrace the fact we are different and have different MAPs of the world.

■Innovation – we adopt a can do mindset, a solutions based approach which actively looks for creative solutions to any opportunities and challenges we face.

■Inclusion – we welcome and open our doors to everyone in our community and beyond.

If we get too bogged down in 'producing players' then the wider benefit of the academy and the great work they do will be lost. Even if Spartans never have a 'home produced' player, the academy can still be a wonderful success. It's just a pity we don't have more of the great people at Spartans........

Each age group Head Coach is targeted with producing at least 2 players who will make the first team.

To get the Hibs and Hearts fans in id imagine.

Don't think that many hibees be bothered about enhancing a sunday crowd to get a full capacity ?

Sunday would get a lot more neutrals from the lowland/eos and juniors though.

Should nae effect the Hearts I thought they were awready oot the competition. :o

Hearts have been eliminated and there aren't any Championship games scheduled on R5 day. However Hibs are at home to Arbroath and it hasn't been selected for TV. That said there aren't any TV games on Saturday afternoons (they're not allowed) whereas there are on Sundays.

Berwick might bring more on Saturday, tbh.

Archived