spartans

happy gilmore

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Dougie will definitely get the chance to see the season out however I think you are right he will be under a bit of pressure - spent a shed load of cash and results this season have not been good enough.

Edinburgh city are the team to beat and I believe have built their team on a shoe string budget while also brining through youth.

I don't think it's safe to say that at all. There is a long way to go in the league. I have said previously I don't think city can sustain their early season form.

Dougie maybe under pressure but there is no way hr won't be there come end of the season. He is the chief executive of the spartans academy.....can't see spartans sacking him because of this and he hardly deserves to be sacked considering its only September and a long way left go. Although mickey and sam got sacked for less!

With Spartans drawing last night I think its safe to say they wont win the title this season seen them a couple of times and have not been impressed with them atall dougie must be on a shoogly peg as they say with the money hes spent

now hod the bus !!!

is it one defeat by the runaway leaders in a derby match and another away at Gretna who gave ww a fright at rosewell ?

Last 3 league games....

Pumped an in form Selkirk

Draw with there bitter rivals away

And a draw against a team bound to raise there game in there 1st ever game at new stadium ?

Gie the man a break its only September?

Too many folk expect spartans (and ww for that) to automatically be up there ?

Hardly shoogly peg material :o

now hod the bus !!!

is it one defeat by the runaway leaders in a derby match and another away at Gretna who gave ww a fright at rosewell ?

Last 3 league games....

Pumped an in form Selkirk

Draw with there bitter rivals away

And a draw against a team bound to raise there game in there 1st ever game at new stadium ?

Gie the man a break its only September?

Too many folk expect spartans (and ww for that) to automatically be up there ?

Hardly shoogly peg material :o

I agree with Newky's sentiments but I can't help hearing the voice of Sir Peter in my heid saying "I f**king expect Whitehill to automatically be up there!!"

Still a long way to go- we've got a hurdle to overcome on Saturday at a ground where our record is poor. We also have Kilby still to play and they seem to have a good team too.

Its a disgrace, at least for me, I hoped that Spartans win the promotion play-off against the League 2 last placed team... but they lost enough important points to think that for spartans the championship its over...

if spartans wont win the league.... Will Edinburgh City win the LL?

If Edinburgh City apply to play the promotion play-off against the HFL champion... Will City have enough power to win the play-off against Brora Rangers???(I think that Brora will win HFL)

Its far too early to talk of Spartans conceding the title. The Edinburgh Uni draw the other night has shown that this season every team can points off each other.

Edinburgh City are in pole position, and by all accounts, playing excellent football. However all it would take would be a couple of City defeats (hopefully starting Saturday) and they would be in the mix with another half dozen or so clubs.

I certainly wouldn't write Spartans at this stage of the season.

Its a disgrace, at least for me, I hoped that Spartans win the promotion play-off against the League 2 last placed team... but they lost enough important points to think that for spartans the championship its over... if spartans wont win the league.... Will Edinburgh City win the LL? If Edinburgh City apply to play the promotion play-off against the HFL champion... Will City have enough power to win the play-off against Brora Rangers???(I think that Brora will win HFL)

Why a disgrace ?

what's yer reason thinking spartans have the right to be in play off and no any other team ?

Any other team that win the league will merit it and deserve a shot against the hfl champions (presumably you know brora are certainties) ???

I've seen Spartans a couple of times (against Selkirk and Edinburgh Uni) and they clearly have a lot of good players. Uni were very fired up last night and although Spartans were not at their best, looked the better team for the duration. They controlled most of the second half and probably should have tried to kill the game before the home side had a very strong finish. I think they will be there or thereabouts.

Normally I'd be up to my nuts defending us against the neerdowell's but this thread takes the biscuit (the soggy one at the bittom of the tin)

If Sammy reads this thread he'll pish his sides. Sack him for gaining a point away, ha ha.

I'm gonna favourite this thread & add it to the comedy gold come the end of the season.

Grimbo

P.s. to the lads that came to our defence, I know who you are & you are top, now don't do it again.

Normally I'd be up to my nuts defending us against the neerdowell's but this thread takes the biscuit (the soggy one at the bittom of the tin)

If Sammy reads this thread he'll pish his sides. Sack him for gaining a point away, ha ha.

I'm gonna favourite this thread & add it to the comedy gold come the end of the season.

Grimbo

P.s. to the lads that came to our defence, I know who you are & you are top, now don't do it again.

Don't worry. I won't! :lol:

With only 9 points between first and tenth, how can any team be written off at this stage of the season. Not seen Spartans personally this season but the results just indicate how competitive the league is at the moment. Edinburgh City played well at Stirling University but only just rescued a point in the last minute, but they will be beaten at some point as will Whitehill I don't see any side going through the league season undefeated. So if we are to write off the 2nd place team in September (reigning Champions) shall we just scrap the next six or seven months of the season. Long way to go yet.

With Spartans drawing last night I think its safe to say they wont win the title this season seen them a couple of times and have not been impressed with them atall dougie must be on a shoogly peg as they say with the money hes spent

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!! SERIOUSLY!!! HAVE A WORD WITH YERSELF!!

Why a disgrace ? what's yer reason thinking spartans have the right to be in play off and no any other team ? Any other team that win the league will merit it and deserve a shot against the hfl champions (presumably you know brora are certainties) ???

a) Its a disgrace FOR ME because Spartans its my LL favorite club....

b) My reasons to think that spartans reach the promotion play-off are:

1) They are the current LL champion

2) Their exelent players

3) I think that spartans have the highest probability of LL teams to beat the last placed team of League 2 because they usually beat the League 1 & 2 in the Scottish Cup

c) The level that Brora Rangers shows its higher than almost every clubs of LL or HL, I think that their strong are similiar to League 1 clubs (they beat 0-5 ILW!!! and 3-1 stenhousemuir in challenge cup... for me, its a big demostration of power)

Im apologise if my opinion are/was offensive, that isnt my intention, lowland league have strong clubs (like whitehill or dalbeattie, i think) and all clubs deserve my respect, Its only that I saw a better team on spartas, at least, this season.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!! SERIOUSLY!!! HAVE A WORD WITH YERSELF!!

Have u seen them yet dal ive seen them on 3 different occasions against Edinburgh city Edinburgh uni and east kilbride and they were lucky to get 2 points from they 3 games they will NOT win the league and that's a fact

Have u seen them yet dal ive seen them on 3 different occasions against Edinburgh city Edinburgh uni and east kilbride and they were lucky to get 2 points from they 3 games they will NOT win the league and that's a fact

That's three games- granted, ones they struggled with but could prob make a case for selecting three games from any team and making the same claim.

Archived