Polling stations now open...

Hillonearth

A shaky X in the Yes box. I knew I was making the right choice, I was just scared of going outside the lines.

The man at the polling station let the wee man put the paper in the ballot box. I can't wait to tell him when he's older that he played his part. :D

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just back from voting, was much quieter than expected just a handful of people. Pair of officers in the door and a lad with a Yes Tshirt outside, no one from the No camp in sight, which surprises me as I figured to see representatives for both. So I went inside and got my ballot paper, felt good to finally have it in my hands. I wandered to the booth to make my vote, after two years of being undecided I voted for the Sugarbabes.

Maybe I went to the wrong place..

Just kidding, voted Yes of course

Just back from voting, was much quieter than expected. Pair of officers in the door and a lad with a Yes Tshirt outside, no one from the No camp in sight, which surprises me as I figured to see representatives for both. So I went inside and got my ballot paper, felt good to finally have it in my hands. I wandered to the booth to make my vote, after two years of being undecided I voted for the Sugarbabes.

Maybe I went to the wrong place..

Just kidding, voted Yes of course

I voted this morning too. I was surprised it was so quiet as well.

Expected to see a lot more activity in Stirling in general. I think things peaked last weekend. Virtually every second person had a Yes or a No badge on. Since then I've seen very few people walking about with a badge on even.

I voted this morning too. I was surprised it was so quiet as well.

Expected to see a lot more activity in Stirling in general. I think things peaked last weekend. Virtually every second person had a Yes or a No badge on. Since then I've seen very few people walking about with a badge on even.

Whereas in every other village, town and city in Scotland, Yes badges, car stickers and supporters have been everywhere.

Guess Stirling must be a special place.

:1eye

Ha ha... my mate, staunch no, naw on facebook has just voted yes. No reason for him to lie, as has been very open. Said he walked into booth, looked at question and melted. Put the x on yes

I've seen a few who have been incredibly quiet (and therefore probably no voters in my head) do the same on my facebook. I'm sure I'll be told I'm making it up, though.

For the interests of balance I know a girl who posted a No Thanks symbol last night.

Will vote later tonight, after work. I'm not doing much work, cannot concentrate.

My mum and step-dad appear to have changed from hard line no to absolute yes. "If we aren't good enough, then why do they want us to remain part of the UK so much"

So 7 Yes voters out of 7 from my family later.

Whereas in every other village, town and city in Scotland, Yes badges, car stickers and supporters have been everywhere.

There has been a strange brown people carrier type thing driving about with what look like official Yes stickers on it last week or so.

I'm fortunate to live in a very uninterested part of town. One neighbour has a Yes sign in their window and 1 has a No Thanks one. Everyone else doesn't go in for that kind of nonsense.

To be fair, East Lothian is incredibly quiet (but I've seen people wearing union jacks and kilts today). I've not seen Stirling, so maybe it's similarly quiet.

I went at a time when every c**t is either still in bed or at work and I was amazed nay, dumbfounded, by just how quiet it was.

In all seriousness there were a few yes and no people outside the station trying to thrust leaflets on me. Who the f**k needs yet another leaflet to help make their decision at this point?

5 hours in, third of the way through the polling time. Wasn't expecting to get so caught up in it, but can't stop looking at the internet despite knowing there's going to be little to know before the polls close. Working tomorrow at 7, so my plan at the moment is to sleep early tonight and get up around 4am to watch the remainder of the results come in. Not sure if I'll be able to do that though. Thank f**k I've got Saturday off at least to recover from sleep deprivation!

Edit: And for the record, no queue at my polling station, as I expected. But, there was a constant flow with 2-3 people always at one of the booths at a time. Bear in mind, I'm in the Highlands and my town of 5,000 with approx 1,000 in outlying areas has two polling stations, so on average 3,000 eligible voters in each polling station (that's only 200 voters/hour). It's never going to be that busy, but it's the busiest I've seen and that's when I normally vote after work at a stereotypically busier time!

Stopped by my polling station a couple of hours ago. Fair bit busier than I've seen it at any point in the last 4 years.

I felt absolutely awful going into the booth to vote. I stared at the ballot for what felt like an age before putting the cross in the Yes box. At least it's all over now.

I had a wee cry when I got back to the car. This is very emotionally draining.

There has been a strange brown people carrier type thing driving about with what look like official Yes stickers on it last week or so.

I'm fortunate to live in a very uninterested part of town. One neighbour has a Yes sign in their window and 1 has a No Thanks one. Everyone else doesn't go in for that kind of nonsense.

I heard that BOFA had quite a few Yes stickers. I'm assuming they're taking about the lower areas on the way to the Cornton. I can't see Dunblane and upper BOFA doing it

Stopped by my polling station a couple of hours ago. Fair bit busier than I've seen it at any point in the last 4 years.

I felt absolutely awful going into the booth to vote. I stared at the ballot for what felt like an age before putting the cross in the Yes box. At least it's all over now.

Pinky promise you yessed it?

There was a guy outside the polling station playing a guitar when I was going to vote a couple of hours ago, he was totally murdering flower of Scotland as I went in & on the way out he was making up some song about freedom.

I voted No and was confident that would be the result but since last night & this morning I have the feeling that Yes will end up just shading it.

I know your feels, I broke down and started singing Caledonia to fight back the tears before I was able to put a St. Andrew's cross in bold indefatigable pen in the box.

Can't mind which box though, think it was the top one.

Archived