Polling stations now open...

Hillonearth

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that's my first ever - and to be honest I hope last ever - day of political activism over with.

Very confident we will retain the union, but very nervous too.

Ah, Tory Bucks. You loved it here so much you moved away.

Two of my kids were born in Edinburgh and the other in Berkshire. I have also lived in The New Town and Aberdeenshire. I also visit Motherwell and Hamilton regularly.

Some people have to move for work etc but that mobility allows one a perspective on the UK as a whole. What is utterly risible is your assertion that, "It's pretty much the Hunger Games, with London as the Capitol and us as District 12"

I fear that 'Aye' will win and that a major reason for it is the sort of ignorance that you've just shown.

Two of my kids were born in Edinburgh and the other in Berkshire. I have also lived in The New Town and Aberdeenshire. I also visit Motherwell and Hamilton regularly.

Some people have to move for work etc but that mobility allows one a perspective on the UK as a whole. What is utterly risible is your assertion that, "It's pretty much the Hunger Games, with London as the Capitol and us as District 12"

I fear that 'Aye' will win and that a major reason for it is the sort of ignorance that you've just shown.

Not his fault. Swallowed the nat BS and hence the attitude. The SNP really know how to make mugs out of people

Does anybody, yes or no, regret their vote? I voted Yes and am in no doubt I did the right thing, however I spoke to a guy I work with after he voted- he said he voted no but was gutted he did.

I spent the last couple of weeks trying to convince to him to vote Yes so he might just have been trying to appease me though.

My mother in law voted no by postal vote a fornight ago. She said tonight she regrets it. Father in law - a determined Yes - is raging! :lol:

Was a Yes guy outside our polling station, two No folk inside and a copper. No idea what the copper was doing there, he was looking decidedly bored.

Throughout the day, I saw 4 full police vans going past my work. Not sure what they were expecting to happen. Everyone I spoke to said the polling stations were quiet when they went.

Just a great job of selective quoting.

The gist of the post in it entirety was that one of the main reasons a lot of people are voting yes is the recentish move towards the country being run for the benefit of a metropolitan elite, with the regions being largely hung out to dry, and a sympathy for those in the likes of the North and Midlands who don't have the option of a vote as we do.

Nothing to say about that? Instead let's concentrate on the throwaway jokey line at the end of three or four paragraphs.

Yeah, I believe in the event of a no vote we'll have to select tributes for a battle to the death. Jesus wept.

You should write for the Daily Mail, not just read it.

There's a rumour doing the rounds on facebook that a wee blind man left the polling station to be asked which way he voted and when he replied that he'd voted "no", he was stabbed. No one seems to know where it happened though. I'm calling bullshit on that one.

Archived