You want one reason to vote Yes tomorrow?

Confidemus

If there's one thing you need to give you the final kick, it's this. This is happening in the 21st century in Scotland as part as the UK. Better Together? Time for a change.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/hard-up-parents-forced-to-leave-babies-in-wet-nappies-180619n.25336338

Hard-up parents forced to leave babies in wet nappies

PARENTS are so hard up they are leaving their ­babies in wet nappies ­because they cannot ­afford to change them.

25341446.jpg
The Rev Elisabeth Spence runs the Ibrox Parish Foodbank and says demand is bigger than ever Picture: Mark Gibson

Food bank volunteers say some families are so worried about money they are only changing their children's nappies when they are dirty - and leaving them when wet.

Reverend Elisabeth Spence, minister of Ibrox Parish Church and convener of Glasgow South West Food Bank, said the problems stemmed from benefit sanctions, low-paid work and zero-hour contracts.

She said families across the city were facing tough and humiliating choices as they plunged deeper into poverty.

It came as new figures showed the food bank had fed more than 1500 people since it opened last December, 400 of which are families.

There are four food points comprising the Glasgow South West Food Bank in Pollok, Ibrox, Cardonald and Govan.

They estimate that £1000 worth of food is needed to stock the four centres each week to feed hungry people.

Elisabeth said: "Since we opened we mainly see people who are on benefits and for whatever reason they have been sanctioned. We do also see workers who are not being paid enough, and we see a lot of people who are on zero-hour contracts.

"They don't know if they'll be doing five hours or 20 hours any given week."

Elisabeth said a mum in her late 20s was distressed because she was unable to change her one-year-old son's nappy regularly.

She said: "This was a young mother who was only changing her baby's nappy if it was dirty.

"This woman was working but was on a zero hour contract. She wasn't able to budget because she didn't know what she was working from one week to the next. I've no doubt this is happening to other parents in the city."

The food bank organisers are backing the Evening Times' Food for Thought campaign, which is trying to build a more co-ordinated approach so that no-one in Glasgow is in any doubt where to get help.

Elisabeth said: "It would be beneficial to link up food banks so everyone knows where to find them."

They are appealing for city residents to donate any non-perishable food, nappies and toiletries they can.

Elisabeth said: "We are ­always looking for donations and appreciate all support.

"They can be dropped at our distribution centres during food bank opening times."

It's a NO from me.

Alex Salmond wants more Indians to come in http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/referendum-news/salmond-vows-immigration-reform.1410445910

Whereas the Tori's are putting a cap on immigration.

Salmond wants to get rid of Faslane - that will leave us weak. I always feel threatened by Muslim extremists.

So please everyone Vote No!

It's a NO from me.

Alex Salmond wants more Indians to come in http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/referendum-news/salmond-vows-immigration-reform.1410445910

Salmond wants to get rid of Faslane - that will leave us weak. I always feel threatened by Muslim extremists.

f**k off you utter c**t.

If there's one thing you need to give you the final kick, it's this. This is happening in the 21st century in Scotland as part as the UK. Better Together? Time for a change.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/hard-up-parents-forced-to-leave-babies-in-wet-nappies-180619n.25336338

Hard-up parents forced to leave babies in wet nappies

PARENTS are so hard up they are leaving their ­babies in wet nappies ­because they cannot ­afford to change them.

25341446.jpg
The Rev Elisabeth Spence runs the Ibrox Parish Foodbank and says demand is bigger than ever Picture: Mark Gibson

Food bank volunteers say some families are so worried about money they are only changing their children's nappies when they are dirty - and leaving them when wet.

Reverend Elisabeth Spence, minister of Ibrox Parish Church and convener of Glasgow South West Food Bank, said the problems stemmed from benefit sanctions, low-paid work and zero-hour contracts.

She said families across the city were facing tough and humiliating choices as they plunged deeper into poverty.

It came as new figures showed the food bank had fed more than 1500 people since it opened last December, 400 of which are families.

There are four food points comprising the Glasgow South West Food Bank in Pollok, Ibrox, Cardonald and Govan.

They estimate that £1000 worth of food is needed to stock the four centres each week to feed hungry people.

Elisabeth said: "Since we opened we mainly see people who are on benefits and for whatever reason they have been sanctioned. We do also see workers who are not being paid enough, and we see a lot of people who are on zero-hour contracts.

"They don't know if they'll be doing five hours or 20 hours any given week."

Elisabeth said a mum in her late 20s was distressed because she was unable to change her one-year-old son's nappy regularly.

She said: "This was a young mother who was only changing her baby's nappy if it was dirty.

"This woman was working but was on a zero hour contract. She wasn't able to budget because she didn't know what she was working from one week to the next. I've no doubt this is happening to other parents in the city."

The food bank organisers are backing the Evening Times' Food for Thought campaign, which is trying to build a more co-ordinated approach so that no-one in Glasgow is in any doubt where to get help.

Elisabeth said: "It would be beneficial to link up food banks so everyone knows where to find them."

They are appealing for city residents to donate any non-perishable food, nappies and toiletries they can.

Elisabeth said: "We are ­always looking for donations and appreciate all support.

"They can be dropped at our distribution centres during food bank opening times."

Should i care more that this is happening in glasgow as compared to it happening in london?

It's a NO from me.

This really is some excellent material. Top stuff Robroy

Should i care more that this is happening in glasgow as compared to it happening in london?

Should you care "more", not implicitly so although I would simply because Scotland is my country, England is not, but ultimately the referendum is about Scotland and Scottish issues so the food bank in London is irrelevant in this context.

Definitely time for a change. The increase in the number of food banks in the UK is a national scandal.

If I thought that voting Yes would put an end to them forever, I would do so immediately.

Sadly, none of the arguments I've seen have convinced me that an independent Scotland would be significantly wealthier then the rest of the UK, or that MSPs would be significantly more honest and moral than MPs. Thus I'm not convinced that all the problems we see around us will magically disappear in the event of a Yes vote.

Definitely time for a change. The increase in the number of food banks in the UK is a national scandal.

If I thought that voting Yes would put an end to them forever, I would do so immediately.

Sadly, none of the arguments I've seen have convinced me that an independent Scotland would be significantly wealthier then the rest of the UK, or that MSPs would be significantly more honest and moral than MPs. Thus I'm not convinced that all the problems we see around us will magically disappear in the event of a Yes vote.

Yeah you tried this exact same argument with another topic.

You've either not fully investigated the facts, or you're an outright liar or a shiter.

Or all three.

Yeah you tried this exact same argument with another topic.

I did, and I didn't receive any decent replies. Just meaningless personal attacks.

You've either not fully investigated the facts, or you're an outright liar or a shiter.

Oh look, there they are again.

So much easier than providing detailed facts and figures to back up your argument, isn't it?

So much easier than providing detailed facts and figures to back up your argument, isn't it?

If you care to look beyond the pages of the Daily Mail, I have provided, on this very forum a literal cornucopia, a veritable smorgasboard of facts and information as to why Scotland will be not only richer than rUK, but rich enough to tackle society's problems head on.

But you're a No voter, so you don't investigate, you just swallow whatever the Daily Mail feeds you.

Archived