Airdrieonians v Stranraer

Airdrie Aces Event - Saturday 20th September

Due to the overwhelming success of the football training events held so far this season another one will take place this Saturday between 1:00pm and 1:45pm on the main pitch at the Stadium. The event is open to all Airdrie Aces.

This will be a very special training session as there will be a very
special Airdrieonian legend helping out the Airdrie Youth coaches.

If you'd like to attend please meet outside the reception at 12:55pm.

When this session finishes everyone is invited to the Joey Rowan Suite where other events will take place until 2:45pm. Things like, Fussball games, face-painting, glitter football tattoos, working on the Aces frieze and lots more will be available for Aces and other young supporters.

Make sure you come along on Saturday and join in all the fun.

10610779_10152422543332252_7162894618542

We really need to win this match - with a tough trip to Somerset park the week after, two defeats could be disastrous. After our start to the season I'm expecting a poor crowd here. Lets hope the new boys can help us get the much needed win!

what a way to put a dampner on johnny martin day aka Sammy Conn day show a bit of enthusiasm mate :(

what a way to put a dampner on johnny martin day aka Sammy Conn day show a bit of enthusiasm mate :(

I'm just being realistic! The Johnny Martin day events sound fantastic and will hopefully bring in a bigger crowd than otherwise expected, but we need to start picking up points on the pitch very soon or it could become a serious problem and we have 2 tough games next up.

I'm looking forward to seeing Johnny on the pitch at half time. The word "LEGEND" gets thrown about a lot these days but he a true diamond legend and hopefully he gets the reception he deserves.

Got yer wish. 3_3. We could have won easily but awful defending put pay to that. Some great saves by the Airdrie keeper. Airdrie missed some Great chances to put them out of sight in the closing stages. However sub Adam forde popped at the death with a powerful low shot through a ruck of players to earn a draw

3-3 going on 6-6. Both sides terrible defensively and equally bad at missing chances. I thougjt Stranrear were the better team but at 3-2 we had 3 great opportunities to finish the game and made a mess of them. Given the way the last 15 minutes panned out we'll obviously be more disappointed we didn't win, but Stranrear will probably be wondering how they were left scraping a draw.

Got yer wish. 3_3. We could have won easily but awful defending put pay to that. Some great saves by the Airdrie keeper. Airdrie missed some Great chances to put them out of sight in the closing stages. However sub Adam forde popped at the death with a powerful low shot through a ruck of players to earn a draw

Great saves from the keeper?

1.He could have saved the second and last goal.

2.He comes out for crosses the stops and is caught out

3.His positioning sense is terrible

4.His leadership is terrible

A think its time to either knock on Johnny martins or Grant Adam's door

Great saves from the keeper?

1.He could have saved the second and last goal.

2.He comes out for crosses the stops and is caught out

3.His positioning sense is terrible

4.His leadership is terrible

A think its time to either knock on Johnny martins or Grant Adam's door

1. deflected shot that that was going wide. hits Malcolm and goes in opposite corner(no chance). last goal powerful low shot through bodies no chance.

2. don't know

3. no idea

4. definitely no idea.

he made a great save from a free kick and low save from stirling shot.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29187546 Unfortunately matches are not won by Stats lol!

How many opportunities did Airdrie have to finish this off when it was 3-2? Must've been 4 occasions when they were 2 on 1 attacking and failed to pass the ball to a player clear in on goal, the one time they did pass, the shot was fired straight at the keeper.

At what point does the pressure start to build on Bollan, and when does the sentiment for keeping is up last year end?

Sure he had the likes of Barr, Buchanan, Adam, Milojevic and McAleer last year, but they have been replaced with absolute rubbish.

Re. pressure, rom a Stomp point of view it's now. From a Chairman point of view it's 2 or 3 years. The sane fall in between the two.

Bollan is a genius. how he managed to convince you all that the Daz-aster and Buchanan were footballers was on a par with anything that Derren Brown has conjured up. He may have lost the players named above but he did manage to keep Parker ffs! Bollan's carry on in the dugout is bizarre. Constantly jawing at the oppositon fans, making a then "sent-off" Parker sit in the dugout for the remainder of that game, the violent punches of the dugout,etc make him look like an angry wee man. And it's hilarious seeing big Shrek beside him mimic the gaffer's tantrums.

Barr, Adam, Milosevic and Coogans are a major loss. Adam and Milosevic made us look a lot better last season but the introduction of Barr single handedly transformed the team from losers to winners. he was priceless for us. Coogans was the only clinical finisher we had and Bollan has almost totally ignored him before punting him for £60000 less then we were offered last season for him. As i said, GENIUS!

Bollan's record without Barr, Adam and Milosevic last season: 1W 1D 9L

Bollan's record with Adam and Milosevic together but no Barr last season: 2W 3D 0L

Bollan's record this season with Barr, Adam and Milosevic: 7W 3D 1L

It's all about the players though. Bollan isn't my cup of tea and his ignoring of a few young players and very dubious taste (parker) is curious, but given the tools to do the job he can put a team on the park. But who can't?

Proctor looks a total waste for us. Fitzpatrick looks lost in midfield. and the goalie is shite

You'd think that the players would have enough about them to hang on to a lead FFS. If Bollan played youngsters they would need more instruction, but there are enough experienced players on the park to do better than that. After six games we have -7 goals, that is shocking.

On a brighter note John Martin and Prunts remain legends.

Proctor looks a total waste for us.

For me Proctor was our Man of the match yesterday. Won most things in the air (surprising because he's not the biggest) and put in a fair few decent tackles that saved us. Everyone's going to have their opinion of course but for me he played well yesterday.

For me Proctor was our Man of the match yesterday. Won most things in the air (surprising because he's not the biggest) and put in a fair few decent tackles that saved us. Everyone's going to have their opinion of course but for me he played well yesterday.

i didn't love his ballsed up clearance that led to their 2nd in particular. all he had to do was stoop to header back to the goalie under no pressure but he tried to play out of trouble, conceded possession and stranraer scored. he's not my cuppa, sorry.

Archived