Jack Harper

jamiefitz

I've just turned it on and he's played a few nice passes and looks very comfortable on the ball. Sid Lowe(spanish football journalist) also said recently that he's a very good player and has a chance of making it which is encouraging to hear.

Edited by Fratelli

• 4 months later...

Hold up.

Ricky Sbragia actually said they've not picked Jack Harper for the u19's because he's too small? He's 6ft 1 FFS :lol:

Im sure the Spanish will be seeing this as an opportunity to try get the kid to play for their youth teams. If he does choose to play for them, who could blame him.

quote from RB - "I've gone for physical players and runners"

This is exactly what is wrong with Scottish Football. Genuinely disappointed as i thought we had turned a corner in terms of realising that not all 'farmers laddies' make good footballers.

I'm not saying he should be in the squad, but to rule him out for being too small (at 6ft+) is ludricious and so 90's Scotland than ever.

RB appears to be happier with lads that can shunt the ball 60 yards and 'runners' who will just chase it over someone who 'appears' to have genuine talent.

and we wonder why out football is dying a death!!!!

• 3 months later...

Meh.

Can't Scotland just get one world class attacking player...? We haven't had one since Kenny Dalglish!

Harper now just another of many of our youngsters in some Championship youth program.