Jack Harper

jamiefitz

From what I've seen of them both, Harper looks a far superior player to McBurnie who tends to run about alot and put in a right good shift, however his technical ability is sadly lacking.

I'd hope Harper is being monitored and if he keeps up his current form then without a doubt he should be in our next squad.

Nah we don't want goal scorers, we want guys who run around a lot and 'bring others in to play'* and that sort of shit.

*I.e. win the odd long aimless punt and play it back to someone in midfield who then is isolated

5 hours ago, WATTOO said:

From what I've seen of them both, Harper looks a far superior player to McBurnie who tends to run about alot and put in a right good shift, however his technical ability is sadly lacking.

I'd hope Harper is being monitored and if he keeps up his current form then without a doubt he should be in our next squad.

McBurnie has plenty of technical ability. You just assume he doesn’t based on his previous physique.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/402106

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_1539371555.062449.jpg
Time to call him up, going with only three strikers to Israel, two of them only loosely classed as such was close to criminal!!!
Let him play, he may be shite (doubt it) but at least he'll be bloodied and we will know one way or the other if he is up to the job, or as has been said we could wait until he's 29!!!

Meant to post earlier, spoke to a few guys at malagueno game last week , jack was superb for the b team last year and deserved his move into the big team (he's still listed in the b team). They reckoned him playing of a striker is the biz.... 

And they have nil points and just 2 goals this season with him not there! - although all of the team bar 1 are 22 or under

I watched Harper for the first time on Friday. He didn't do much in the game.

He had a few poor touches, gave away a stupid free kick 30yds from his own goal and was subbed at half time. Presumably that was one of his worst performances of the season.

He does have a good build. Around the same height as McBurnie but more muscular.

• 1 month later...

Have watched Malaga a few times this season, Harper looks a very tidy, technically-sound player. Always involved in attacking moves.

Of him, Henderson and Gauld who are all starting regularly in the second tier of European leagues, Harper seems to be having the best season.

Aye it's not a great article. Plenty of speculation without quotes to back it up. The "Getafe are looking to replace 36 whateverhisnamewas with Harper" seems to have been plucked from nowhere. 

Obviously it would be great to have a scottish player in a decent La Liga side, so hopefully, if the bid is true, that he may be in some demand from La Liga come the summer.