Alloa v The Rangers

Utter pish. On this thread I saw Bennett do precisely the same thing he and you had a go at me for just days before. I therefore highlighted it. If you both don't like it, tough.

On this thread Bennett said something along the lines ....'It sounded like ............'

On the other thread in reply to me saying Rangers didn't allow ICT to play you replied 'ICT played timidly'

I think everybody will be able to see the difference in the two statements even if you cant.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On this thread Bennett said something along the lines ....'It sounded like ............'

On the other thread in reply to me saying Rangers didn't allow ICT to play you replied 'ICT played timidly'

I think everybody will be able to see the difference in the two statements even if you cant.

I believe that Monkey stated that it was a fact that Inverness played timidly and poor, despite having never watched the game.

A wee snippet from the evening times.

"Jon Daly's late goal, which the big Irishman thought had snatched victory for his side, was deemed to be offside by assistant referee Lorraine Clark.

Television replays of the incident suggested that his effort should have stood and Rangers should have won the game"

I just hope that if we get any decisions in our favour then this will be remembered before the usual crowd start shouting about Rangers getting all the decisions blah blah blah....

Some you get and some you don't.

I would say it was onside too, Daly wandering into an offside position from the free kick would be highly doubtful, there were no further touches from any Rangers player as the ball came over, however the only television replay I have seen was inconclusive, as it did not show Daly`s position when the kick was taken.

Have to be honest, my heart sunk when he scored, not totally surprised either, but very brave of Mc Clarke to put her flag up. :ph34r:

My heart sank aswell when I seen the ball going in the net but I can't comment if it was offside or not there was too many players infront of me and I just got a quick glance at him playing it in the net and the highlights aren't any clearer with the camera angle but that would have been really harsh considering everything we put into the game a point was definitely fair probably even deserved all 3 but can't complain at coming away from the game with a point.

It would have been an injustice, apart from the last 15 minutes you outplayed us.

Not injustice. If a team outplays another for 75 minutes and has little to show for it, the chances are you may well get paid for this. Unfortunately Spence's one on none with Simonsen was the turning point of the game, at 2-0, we would have a bit more in the bag, but at 1-0, game isn't over.

We started to show a bit of tiredness and this was capitalised and eventually the 3rd division pump iyt high in to the box paid off, almost twice.

Again, very brave of Ms Clark. :wub:

Before the game, I'd have taken anything below 5-0 considering our last performance against you at Ibrox in the cup. :eek:

Has Boyd scored in the league yet for Rangers this season? Was it a case of Alloa playing well or a bad day at the office for Rangers? or a bit of both?

Great result for Hearts either way! :thumsup2

I thought Boyd started the game well. He and Clark looked like they were going to complement each other quite well. They had already created a chance with their interplay, which Boyd had a decent dig at from outside the box. With Clark (and McLeod) going off it helped Alloa's defence contain Boyd as there was little creativity and movement from Rangers in the final third. Boyd then missed a decent headed chance which he would normally have scored from when he put it over the bar and I felt his confidence took a knock as he looked less than convinced he was going to score when two further shooting chances came his way.

I actually thought Hartley was quite naive in that game, we were playing really inconsistently and dropping points alongside being knocked out of the other competitions, but these teams were all playing to really contain us, Hartley set out that team to have a right good go and did not change things when it went pear shaped.

Hartley actually went with a more defensive formation in that game that the way he usually set the team up then. Our normal formation in the league at the time was 4-4 (diamond)-2, but we went 4-2-3-1 for the Ibrox cup-tie.

Maybe you are right, all I can remember is how wide open you were for the whole game, it could have been 10, completely different on Saturday but I believe some of the players were in both games?

7 of the team that played on Saturday were also in the team at Ibrox in 2012.

Maybe you are right, all I can remember is how wide open you were for the whole game, it could have been 10, completely different on Saturday but I believe some of the players were in both games?

I think the players just didn't perform on the day, whereas Rangers played well. The performance on Saturday was much more like how this group of players have performed these last three plus years.

Your attempts to find tiny, irrelevant distinctions between what Bennett and I each posted is laughable, but also a bit touching. Your loyalty to him is cute.

Both of us posted opinions on matches we hadn't watched, but based those opinions on things we'd read or heard. Neither of us attempted to pretend we'd watched said games.

This is of course, perfectly normal and legitimate. It becomes somewhat embarrassing and silly however if one of us chooses to attack the other for it, before immediately doing the same thing.

Terribly foolish.

Archived