Greece

Dindeleux

Yeah, once in Lindos and once in Lindos Bay about 5km away. Two lovely beaches and plenty of bars and restaurants, though not sure of prices as it's been a few years since I was there.

Both times we went it was in July and was scorching, so it should still be pretty warm at this time of year, hope you enjoy it.

• 7 years later...

Bumping an ancient thread to the top as there doesn't seem much Greece chat.

Just booked a trip to a place near Chania on Crete for the end of September. Anyone been before?

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

8 years later I just wanted to add that the day before I was supposed to go to Greece I fell out with my then girlfriend as she was potentially messing around with her ex so I told her to bolt.

A Greek tragedy.

• 5 months later...
20 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Booked up for Ialyssos in Rhodes for October. Has anyone been - reviews online say its quite lively. 

Was there in June last year. Handy for the airport. Short bus ride to Rhodes town. It’s a lively resort, lots of restaurants and pubs. Cracking beach as well. You’ll have a great time Derry

15 hours ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

How was it ?

It was good. We were staying in Agia Marina, which is just along the road from Chania. Basically one long, straight road with the sea on one side and the hills up to the old town on the other. Road has the usual range of bars, tat shops, tourist trains etc you'd get in most resorts but it was good for a break.

Went to Chania a couple of times on the bus, which was relatively quick and cheap. Nice place to go for a wander, ice cream and fish restaurants. Also a Greek football "museum" run by a guy that is in charge of some Greek supporters club. Loads of shirts from all over the world.

5 hours ago, Stu said:

It was good. We were staying in Agia Marina, which is just along the road from Chania. Basically one long, straight road with the sea on one side and the hills up to the old town on the other. Road has the usual range of bars, tat shops, tourist trains etc you'd get in most resorts but it was good for a break.

Went to Chania a couple of times on the bus, which was relatively quick and cheap. Nice place to go for a wander, ice cream and fish restaurants. Also a Greek football "museum" run by a guy that is in charge of some Greek supporters club. Loads of shirts from all over the world.

Sounds Good.

For some reason I did not think Crete would be as hilly / mountainous as it was.

Stayed at Ag  Nic after being at Santorini and had a wee bus trip to Chania or Rethymnon , the one with the fortress ruins with the palm tree

5 hours ago, Stu said:

The old town was up in the hills

On 06/02/2023 at 13:58, Derry Alli said:

Booked up for Ialyssos in Rhodes for October. Has anyone been - reviews online say its quite lively. 

The water park in Faliraki is brilliant and won't be too far from you if you are into water parks, would recommend going to the old town for scran as well. My brother used to be a holiday rep for 1830 back in the day and I went out in 2010 to see him a few times that summer, absolutely loved Rhodes.

On 08/02/2023 at 14:54, KD1711 said:

The water park in Faliraki is brilliant and won't be too far from you if you are into water parks, would recommend going to the old town for scran as well. My brother used to be a holiday rep for 1830 back in the day and I went out in 2010 to see him a few times that summer, absolutely loved Rhodes.

I’ve also been to this water park but I was incredibly hungover and had spent the night sleeping on a sun lounger so my memories of it aren’t as good as above.

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/02/2023 at 18:53, Ewanandmoreagain said:

Sounds Good.

For some reason I did not think Crete would be as hilly / mountainous as it was.

Stayed at Ag  Nic after being at Santorini and had a wee bus trip to Chania or Rethymnon , the one with the fortress ruins with the palm tree

Just booked up for Rethymno in November/December, gambling that the weather is decent. Any tips welcome, bit of a random pick, hope it's not a shithole, got a flat for half price by booking for a month. :1eye

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Just booked up for Rethymno in November/December, gambling that the weather is decent. Any tips welcome, bit of a random pick, hope it's not a shithole, got a flat for half price by booking for a month. :1eye

I think you are brave going so late in the year !

What does Wikipedia say about the weather ?

I would have thought all flats would be cheap.

Internet reckons between 10 and 20 C.

so o K. ?!

Ag. Nic. - bus trip to the Plain of the Windmills was good.

Samaria Gorge might be dangerous this time of year

Edited by Ewanandmoreagain

1 hour ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

I think you are brave going so late in the year !

What does Wikipedia say about the weather ?

I would have thought all flats would be cheap.

Internet reckons between 10 and 20 C.

so o K. ?!

Ag. Nic. - bus trip to the Plain of the Windmills was good.

Samaria Gorge might be dangerous this time of year

I was thinking of going in January but it looks like better chance of high teens c in November, just looking for somewhere warmish in winter outside the Canaries. Went to the Algarve at the end of January and it was colder than Inverness, 30c a month before! It's all a gamble escaping winter in Europe. 

• 2 months later...
Guest ICTFCwife

I’ve never been to Greece but going to The island of Kos the start of august and was wondering if anyone has been and has any recommendations of places to go etc 

• 2 months later...

Wouldn't say Santorini is a party place. 

Rhodes is good for families but obviously not just now.

Wildfires on the Greek island of Rhodes have forced thousands of holidaymakers to flee their hotels.

Images show the skies above the island full of smoke with the orange hue of the flames clearly visible.

Four locations close to the areas of Kiotari and Lardos in the southeastern part of the island have been evacuated with at least 2,000 people having already left the island

I was in Kiotari. Got back on Thursday morning. Could see the smoke from our bus on the way to the airport.