Takeover at Somerset

Which of the seasons he was in charge were they favourites for relegation?

Think they were tipped for the drop most seasons apart from last year when lots of morons tipped Ross County who had not watched them in the old first division and cup

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

would Butcher be a better option in your opinion then not won anything but done well with ICT attracted players and played decent attacking passing football

Terry Butcher wont come to Ayr, we are no longer in that market

Ayrs next manager will be either Millen, Peter Murphy or someone else hanging about when Roberts quits/gets sacked

I've never heard of the guy either. I hate the bitchy wee ayrshire jealous gossip that goes on when somebody does well for themselves though. That's what really bugs me. I'm pretty sure 95 out of 100 chairmen are a little bit woo a little bit waaay when it comes to being legit. They've screwed somebody over at some stage. Guy might be a complete headbanger for all I know but I'd hate to think some media sound bites or a couple of hypocritical finger pointing bitchy remarks could prevent us from breaking this turgid status quo.

As it stands we have a terrible chairman and a bombscare of a manager. That is all I know

The Shuggie Clark I know is/was a decent guy, I'll leave it up to Lachlan to decide if he thinks he's a suitable guy to sell the club to as ultimately Lachlan is trying to ensure that whomsoever he sells to isn't only buying the club to shaft us to use the land for housing.

The Shuggie Clark I know is/was a decent guy, I'll leave it up to Lachlan to decide if he thinks he's a suitable guy to sell the club to as ultimately Lachlan is trying to ensure that whomsoever he sells to isn't only buying the club to shaft us to use the land for housing.

I honestly believe that LC isn't going to sell the club down the river intentionally and whatever option he does pick, assuming it meets his minimum financial expectations will be what he thinks is best for the club. Am I right in saying he's chased a few roasters / asset strippers away in the past?

The way this is being conducted through the media will probably put Lachlan off parting with the club, it should be conducted behind closed doors until both parties have come to an agreement and entered formal negotiations. We're now in a position where we have someone who has put a few thousand into the club and is interested in buying the club, he's taken flack from fans and now he's taking swipes back at them. Not a great way for any potential suitor to push themselves to the top of the pile.

Anything is better than a slow slide into Scotland's 4th tier as, let's face it, that's been all the chat under LC and Roberts. Now we have another pantomime villain lurking in the wings? I don't think so, nor do I care quite frankly, as there have been too many good supporters lost to Somerset with the current regime.

Yes it could be worse, but I for one am willing to back change and give the suitor a shot.

Life is too short. I want to play killie in the league before I die.

Anything is better than a slow slide into Scotland's 4th tier as, let's face it, that's been all the chat under LC and Roberts. Now we have another pantomime villain lurking in the wings? I don't think so, nor do I care quite frankly, as there have been too many good supporters lost to Somerset with the current regime.

I'd completely agree with this. The way we're going crowds are dwindling season by season, we're putting dross teams on the park. Getting horsed off teams like Peterhead/Stranraer it's only a matter of time before we're playing in front of 400 people struggling to stay up in League Two.

Living within our means is not attractive to fans. And quite frankly it makes no odds to the league. As all previous teams entering admin/liquidation are all currently above us in the league placings.

I'd much rather we spunked loads of money and at least attempted to get into the championship.

What's the worst that can happen? We go into administration, pay back 0p in the £. Become debt free and suffer a 25 point deduction which will have no real bearing on the future of the club.

Sounds good to me.

I'd completely agree with this. The way we're going crowds are dwindling season by season, we're putting dross teams on the park. Getting horsed off teams like Peterhead/Stranraer it's only a matter of time before we're playing in front of 400 people struggling to stay up in League Two.

Living within our means is not attractive to fans. And quite frankly it makes no odds to the league. As all previous teams entering admin/liquidation are all currently above us in the league placings.

I'd much rather we spunked loads of money and at least attempted to get into the championship.

What's the worst that can happen? We go into administration, pay back 0p in the £. Become debt free and suffer a 25 point deduction which will have no real bearing on the future of the club.

Sounds good to me.

never going to happen when the main creditor would be the owner.

completely incorrect way of looking at it also IMO, Ayr and their fans can be proud they haven't cheated the system in order to chase the dream, Ayr are a real football club.

This would be the same Ayr who had Bill Barr spunking money on their squad last time they were relevant, and are in their present state precisely as a result of that legacy of debt?

Back in your box Dean.

This would be the same Ayr who had Bill Barr spunking money on their squad last time they were relevant, and are in their present state precisely as a result of that legacy of debt?

Back in your box Dean.

I think you'll find we paid everyone that needed paying, Lachlan's debt is largely of his own making through his own decisions.

I think you'll find we paid everyone that needed paying, Lachlan's debt is largely of his own making through his own decisions.

Knew that this was utter bullshit and a basic search confirms this. Ayr never had a prayer of actually paying back the Barr debt and it was simply shuffled onto the accounts again. New owner, same legacy, from 2005 no less:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/aberdeen/war-of-words-as-takeover-plan-for-debt-laden-ayr-united-collapses-1.57968

United hit the rocks after construction giant Barr Holdings sold its majority 77per cent shareholding to Cameron in 2003, ending Bill Barr's lengthy spell at the helm.

Directors pumped in fresh loans last September to help avoid the necessity of seeking a voluntary debt repayment arrangement with creditors, which could have triggered the club's collapse had agreement not been reached. The club is still understood to owe about £1m, including £600,000 to Cameron and a significant sum to the Inland Revenue.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/kennedy-pulls-out-of-ayr-takeover-talks-after-finance-row-with-cameron-1-1389449

The sum sought by Cameron is more or less what he is owed by United after he took over the club in 2003 from previous chairman Bill Barr of Barr Construction. Cameron took on the club’s debts which have increased still further as he and other directors have pumped money into the ailing club’s coffers. Ayr United’s overall debt is reported to be nearly 1m with an unknown portion of that sum owed to the Inland Revenue.

Knew that this was utter bullshit and a basic search confirms this. Ayr never had a prayer of actually paying back the Barr debt and it was simply shuffled onto the accounts again. New owner, same legacy, from 2005 no less:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/aberdeen/war-of-words-as-takeover-plan-for-debt-laden-ayr-united-collapses-1.57968

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/kennedy-pulls-out-of-ayr-takeover-talks-after-finance-row-with-cameron-1-1389449

As I said, we paid everyone that needed paying, our debt to Lachlan is considerably higher now with nothing to show barring a couple of promotions that clubs with half the support have achieved just the same.

As I said, we paid everyone that needed paying, our debt to Lachlan is considerably higher now with nothing to show barring a couple of promotions that clubs with half the support have achieved just the same.

No you didn't. The Camerons paid off "everyone that needed paying" (most significantly, Barr, B.) and you undoubtedly now owe that family an even larger sum of money than to Barr, alongside your other outstanding debts. You couldn't and didn't pay your debt from the club coffers then and couldn't pay it now.

No you didn't. The Camerons paid off "everyone that needed paying" (most significantly, Barr, B.) and you undoubtedly now owe that family an even larger sum of money than to Barr, alongside your other outstanding debts. You couldn't and didn't pay your debt from the club coffers then and couldn't pay it now.

What other outstanding debts? Ayr don't have lines of credit, the debts we do have are soft loans to Lachlan and others within the club and wider fanbase.

Archived