Takeover at Somerset

Hugh Clarke, who made his fortune founding and developing RestoraRoof, has flown out to California to negotiate a deal with Lachlan Cameron, which the Telegraph reports to be imminent.

Clarke believes he can provide funding to see Ayr in the Premiership within two years.

Link

I hope he's not another David Murray or Roy Kennedy.

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No direct quotes and only one news outlet picked it up so far including local media.........I am not getting my hopes up

Camerons lack of investment at the right times has cost us, his running of the club could be viewed as keeping the club on an even keel but its also created such ambivalence locally the club is in danger of bottoming out like Clyde and Stirling Albion

He paid the debts owed rather than fleece the tax payer so it has meant a bounce back has taken longer (it may never come under Cameron) where as other clubs who have almost gone to the wall have continued to invest money they can't afford.

However I prefer the self preservation approach to the "spunking money up the wall" approach that didn't work well for us last time.

Hugh Clarke, who made his fortune founding and developing RestoraRoof, has flown out to California to negotiate a deal with Lachlan Cameron, which the Telegraph reports to be imminent.

Clarke believes he can provide funding to see Ayr in the Premiership within two years.

Link

I hope he's not another David Murray or Roy Kennedy.

Regarding this, I am unsure if he can still feel his toes, however, did you not tell Murray to f**k off?

Regarding this, I am unsure if he can still feel his toes, however, did you not tell Murray to f**k off?

He wasn't going to pay market value and his plan to take over involved a loan to the club,

Thankfully the Ayr board at the time knocked it back otherwise where would we be now? Languishing, debt ridden in the lower leagues after 30 trophy laden years.......nah, I'm glad they knocked him back

Archived