Stirling Albion v Forfar Ath (1st Home Win for the Albion?)

the reason the game changed wasnt sandy coming on . it was when doris was moved upfront for the first goal totally bullied dodds to make the space for sandy to get his strike away.second goal beat malcom in the air to head it down for sandy to get a toe to it.totally baffled why we play him behind smith if we insist on playing 1 upfront it has to be doris.said in a previous post that malcom and dodds would be delighted if doris wasnt upfront smith isnt strong enough to play as a lone striker cant hold the ball up weak in the air.saw dick campbell talking to doris after the game maybe tapping him for next season

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the reason the game changed wasnt sandy coming on . it was when doris was moved upfront for the first goal totally bullied dodds to make the space for sandy to get his strike away.second goal beat malcom in the air to head it down for sandy to get a toe to it.totally baffled why we play him behind smith if we insist on playing 1 upfront it has to be doris.said in a previous post that malcom and dodds would be delighted if doris wasnt upfront smith isnt strong enough to play as a lone striker cant hold the ball up weak in the air.saw dick campbell talking to doris after the game maybe tapping him for next season

January ;)

Fucking hell we appear to have a case of no showing up for the second half syndrome again. 2 weeks on the trot

Your back four have a 39 year old and two 35 year olds so maybe it's not a great surprise that the second half is getting too much for them. It could get worse as the season wears on and when you're playing on heavy grounds away from home. Is there anyone in the development squad ready to come in?

The points about the defence being too slow are all fair. I'd be starting Aaron James every game when he's fit. He looks a very good signing.

We missed Dunlop's pace at the back. Lately he's been able to cover Dods or Malcolm if they've been beat for pace. Paterson is nearly as slow.

Kader and Denholm did well, disappointed with the front two, thought Husband was different class again.

Dropping two points after being 2-0 up with 12 minutes to go is unacceptable. I hope there's a huge response next week.

Your back four have a 39 year old and two 35 year olds so maybe it's not a great surprise that the second half is getting too much for them. It could get worse as the season wears on and when you're playing on heavy grounds away from home. Is there anyone in the development squad ready to come in?

We had been playing Michael Dunlop and Aaron James before they both got injured and they are both aged early twenties . I agree defence was too old and static yesterday

Our defence should be the least of your concerns, easilly the worst we have played this season and you still struggled to get a draw against us playing at home. I will be amazed if Stirling finish higher than 9th.

Our defence should be the least of your concerns, easilly the worst we have played this season and you still struggled to get a draw against us playing at home. I will be amazed if Stirling finish higher than 9th.

I'm more concerned about our own defence, we've been leaking goals. My comment was in response to one of your posters who complained about the team's non performing in the second half of games.

To date only Brechin and Ayr have turned us over although we have Morton and Dunfermline still to play. Ayr have been the quality of the league so far. There is a much of a muchness among the others we've played. I'm looking for mid table mediocrity come the season's end. I may be half right, whether it's mid table we've yet to see.

How do you know we didn't play awful? Because frankly we did. We can play much better than that

Hi Mr Doris.

Just back from a wee break and took in Clyde v Montrose last night. Midweek football at its best, Clyde not a patch on last season.

Sorry to have missed Saturdays game, i'm told Sandy scored a brammer.

Pleased to see Doris back but i'm not sure he could last a whole game playing lone striker but working in a 4-4-2 with Smith could work. That means you couldn't start Cunningham which is a pity.

Creaney back in, did he have a good game, I like him coming forward but seems to get stranded upfield.

Still, a good point against the League leaders.

Archived