Stirling Albion v Forfar Ath (1st Home Win for the Albion?)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we start this game with the pace we've been beginning games at home then I think we'll win comfortably. I don't expect us to hit five or six though because Stirling will be more organised after last week's loss.

Unchanged team again for me, at most I'd bring in Dale for Kader and have Husband in behind Hilson with Swankie/Denholm either side, and Dale alongside Young. Loath to change a winning formula right now of course. But Husband look outstanding in that role in the Forfarshire Cup game, so it's definitely an option for us in the future.

I'll say 3-1 Forfar, Swankie x2, Hilson x1

Please be kind Forfar x

And we were. Feels like a defeat. I thought when the second went in that the Stirling heads would go down and we'd go on to win but we switched off and immediately let them back into the game. Too many players seemed to be half arsed today with Swankie and Hilson especially guilty of this. Lost count of the number of slack passes straight back to the opposition that Swankie committed and Hilson just had no concentration in the second half.

Still undefeated though so pleased with that and if we can just play to our potential we will be fine. An off day today.

Well at 2-0 down I thought here we go again another home defeat, but give the lads credit we managed to get a goal back from a great strike from Sandy Cunningham and never gave up. Sandy managed to get the equaliser and we held out to get a point. It was not the 3 points we were looking for but at least we have broke our points drought at home.

Hopefully we can built on this for the next home game against Dunfermline at the beginning of October and get our 1st home win of the season, that would be very nice.

Away to Stranraer next Saturday, hope we can keep up our unbeaten record away from home, a point or even 3 would be nice.

As already mentioned at 2-0 I thought we had the three points but alas we let it go and let it go far too easily.. :(

BTW. I'm really impressed with Husband, looks like a good signing. :)

ETA. The pre-match 'lunchtime curry' at what used to be the Taj Mahal was very tasty... :D

As already mentioned at 2-0 I thought we had the three points but alas we let it go and let it go far too easily.. :(

BTW. I'm really impressed with Husband, looks like a good signing. :)

ETA. The pre-match 'lunchtime curry' at what used to be the Taj Mahal was very tasty... :D

Aye husband is starting to look a cracking signing

Unsure how we lost 2 goals albion were very poor and Douglas didn't make a save all game

Your ageing static defenders couldn't cope with our subs fresh legs when they came on. To be fair our midfield three today are equally venerable. On today's display you didn't look a play off side, and we'll have a long season ahead.

Your ageing static defenders couldn't cope with our subs fresh legs when they came on. To be fair our midfield three today are equally venerable. On today's display you didn't look a play off side, and we'll have a long season ahead.

Possibly so, but the amount of possession we gave away second half was probably more a factor in the result..

We didn't really hit the standards we have set ourselves this season today , our away form has to improve at station park we have been brilliant , teams haven't been able to cope with us . Still though a points a point and 1 defeat out of 6 ain't bad at all

Archived