Stirling Albion v Forfar Ath (1st Home Win for the Albion?)

On Saturday the Albion face a Forfar side that sits joint top with 2 other teams on 10 points. Clearly this is going to be a difficult game for the Albion on the back of 2 heavy home defeats the last being the 5-0 trouncing we took against Brechin.

First and foremost our defence has got to keep it tight at the back, otherwise I can see Forfar winning.

The tactics on Saturday must be right if we have to stand any chance, our midfield has been non existent in the last couple of games and I think that Darren Smith should start if Craig Comrie is not fit for this game.

Up front I believe that Stephen Doris will start along side Gordon Smith to give him some support which I felt we missed against Brechin. Sandy Cunningham did his best on Saturday and apart from one shot at goal in the 1st half, he was largely ineffective, so a spot on the bench for the Forfar game will probably be in hand.

This is a game we MUST win even at this early part of the season and Greg McDonald must get the team formation right otherwise it will be more of the same.

3 Points is a must imo. We Must start winning at home to give ourselves a chance of staying in this league. Our away form has been good but as I said we MUST start winning at home.

Prediction for Saturday Stirling Albion 1 Forfar Ath 0. Here`s hopping :thumsup2

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On Saturday the Albion face a Forfar side that sits joint top with 2 other teams on 10 points. Clearly this is going to be a difficult game for the Albion on the back of 2 heavy home defeats the last being the 5-0 trouncing we took against Brechin.

First and foremost our defence has got to keep it tight at the back, otherwise I can see Forfar winning.

The tactics on Saturday must be right if we have to stand any chance, our midfield has been non existent in the last couple of games and I think that Darren Smith should start if Craig Comrie is not fit for this game.

Up front I believe that Stephen Doris will start along side Gordon Smith to give him some support which I felt we missed against Brechin. Sandy Cunningham did his best on Saturday and apart from one shot at goal in the 1st half, he was largely ineffective, so a spot on the bench for the Forfar game will probably be in hand.

This is a game we MUST win even at this early part of the season and Greg McDonald must get the team formation right otherwise it will be more of the same.

3 Points is a must imo. We Must start winning at home to give ourselves a chance of staying in this league. Our away form has been good but as I said we MUST start winning at home.

Prediction for Saturday Stirling Albion 1 Forfar Ath 0. Here`s hopping :thumsup2

Dream on Cliche, be very afraid.

Has to be the same starting 11 as previous 2 games . Husband and young In midfield have been superb and the front four of hilson, swankie , kader and denholm have caused teams all sorts of problems . Confidence is high , team is playing very well . So , 1-0 albion

This game's clearly not must win, although it would be nice if we were to somehow turn it around after last weekend.

I've got little confidence taking anything from this match. It always strikes me as a worrying sign when the manager changes his side on a regular basis, and there's no consistency about our team selection at present, either in terms of personnel or shape.

It sounds pretty defeatist, but even an improvement in performance would be a step forward.

This game's clearly not must win, although it would be nice if we were to somehow turn it around after last weekend.

I've got little confidence taking anything from this match. It always strikes me as a worrying sign when the manager changes his side on a regular basis, and there's no consistency about our team selection at present, either in terms of personnel or shape.

It sounds pretty defeatist, but even an improvement in performance would be a step forward.

Have to disagree with it not being a Must win game, we need to get the Monkey off our backs of not winning at home, the longer this continues I believe it will have an effect on the team, plus the fact that will the supporters put up with more of the same performances of the 2 previous games if we don't get a win at home soon.

Has to be the same starting 11 as previous 2 games . Husband and young In midfield have been superb and the front four of hilson, swankie , kader and denholm have caused teams all sorts of problems . Confidence is high , team is playing very well . So , 1-0 albion

Are you really predicting Albion to win ?

We need a win at home, to boost confidence throughout the team and support.

Don''t think Dorris will be back for Saturday, but hopefully there are a few changes within the team, and we stick to playing players in their best position, just now I would accept a draw hopefully we won't implode again.

We need a win at home, to boost confidence throughout the team and support.

Don''t think Dorris will be back for Saturday, but hopefully there are a few changes within the team, and we stick to playing players in their best position, just now I would accept a draw hopefully we won't implode again.

Doris should be fit for Saturday played in the SPFL Development game against East Stirling at Stirling Uni, so unless he takes a reaction from this game he should be included in the squad for Saturday. Whether he starts or not will be up to Greg McDonald.

doris knocked back a lot of clubs,to join the albion. my work takes me to the perth dundee angus area dick campbell is a big fan of doris .he was wanting to unite him and swankie upfront who according to an arbroath fan i know was the best strike paring he has seen at gayfield in 30 years.the problem is where we are playing him he is a striker . but we insist playing him behind our strikers.dodds and big malcomm of forfar will be delighted if he isnt playing upfront.also forfar etc coundnt match the contract the albion offered him.

Doris and swankie would have been a brilliant pairing but hilson and swankie seem to do the magic for us . Even templeman and hilson with swankie out on the left has worked this season and last but I still think we could do with another striker ( maybe on loan )

Anyway I haven't seen us lose in the league this season so hopefully that's a good omen this Saturday

Archived