The Last BBC Scotland "Big Debate" Programme (20:00 - BBC1)

Casual Bystander

Yep, got to agree sadly, whoever put these two forward need their head examined..AS needs to get his finger out and get the campaign back on track tomorrow and try to limit the damage this has done

This isn't going to be a massively significant debate - there's been far too many of them and folk are tired of it.

I've felt a bit of a recovery over the last day or two after the shit-storm of last week.

This debate has been a huge turn-off but hopefully its just a blip.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whining about media bias doesn't convince any undecided voters and it won't convert any No voters. What it does do is allow the other side to claim you're crying foul play because you have no argument. I wish we'd shut the f**k up about it because we do have the arguments.

I don't think it's been a total disaster. For example the debate with the young adults the other day was a landslide yes, this has just been a debate won on penalties for the No imo.

Sorry mate, I do agree with a lot of what you say but this has been quite dreadful from yes and I have only switched over in the last 10 minutes. This will get maximum exposure by the DR and the BBC all day tomorrow. Thats why I said on another thread we need to work even harder. Getting pissed off that some of the Yes Folk who are in these debates are not as sharp and appear to have relaxed too early. Not too despondent but I hate seeing anyone from the Yes side sneering or rolling eyes at the people we need to convince and am sorry but in only 10 minutes I could have punched Hosie he was disrespectful. He should be given a backseat

As someone who has gone from a soft No to more undecided in the past couple weeks, I can safely say that Better Together came out of that far better. The eye rolling from Hosie will only turn undecided people off Yes and surely they have someone better than Elaine C Smith to argue their case? You know it's not been great when Douglas Alexander of all people turns out better!

Some Yes voters on here really need to get a fucking grip. Trying to imply that we've lost the referendum on the back of this debate which hardly anyone will have given a shit about.

No at all but I am not going to go on blind faith when it was obvious the Yes debaters were a terrible match for the No team. I will vote Yes I am convinced but if we want to win this it needs to be a whole lot more convincing than what I just saw. You need to calm down a wee bit mate, sometimes a reality check like this is needed every now and then for Yes and will be good for the run in. Sooky post above is exactly what I mean.

Some Yes voters on here really need to get a fucking grip. Trying to imply that we've lost the referendum on the back of this debate which hardly anyone will have given a shit about.

This.

Anyone else see the irony in a Tory leader giving a lecture on a fairer and more equal society.

I never watched this either but fielding ECS (again) was always a hostage to fortune, pawky but shallow doesn't normally trump political craft. And Angus Robertson would have been a safer pair of hands than Hosie had an MP been deemed necessary by the Yes campaign.

I'd be interested to know the viewing figures as I think most folk will very likely still vote on the substantive issues, and these repeated debates observe the law of diminishing returns.

Where's the Irony Meter when you need it, the X-Factor was on STV :lol:

As someone who has gone from a soft No to more undecided in the past couple weeks, I can safely say that Better Together came out of that far better. The eye rolling from Hosie will only turn undecided people off Yes and surely they have someone better than Elaine C Smith to argue their case? You know it's not been great when Douglas Alexander of all people turns out better!

Yeah, I think this is a Hosie mannerism that comes across very badly on TV. I looks like he's being contemptuous though I don't think it's the intent.

I'm glad to hear you're swithering and I would trust it will take more than one debate to set you back on the path of the Dark Side. :lol:

Archived