The Last BBC Scotland "Big Debate" Programme (20:00 - BBC1)

Casual Bystander

Dreadful watch, biggest thing was the 'lie' being exposed. Thats what will be remembered and discussed. Win for Yes imo then

That's what I'm hoping. Elaine C Smith floundered a wee bit, but that's hardly noteworthy or worth reporting considering she's an actor. Best line of the night was "surely what we're living in now is a No vote". That's the sort of thing that would resonate more with undecided working class voters.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a little disappointed that when Davidson was trying to defend the press and saying it had been fair and even handed then mentioned the Sunday Post that nobody pointed out their headline that the hostage killed in Iraq was due to links to Scottish independence, or that the Telegraph had a picture of a dead soldiers coffin with the headlines that if you vote no you are in some way disrespecting their sacrifice.

Those were two things that Davidson or Alexander simply couldn't defend and it would have utterly blown out of the water any suggestion there had been a fair hearing from the press. The jeers from the No part of the audience about the press being London-centric was interesting, as they are, it's not campaigning to suggest as such, however it might have indicated that those in that part of the audience were perhaps from that part of the woods themselves.

As for the nurse (I don't know if she was a nurse, but the lassie in the green top at the end) she gave a fairly straight forward comment about how we send people South of the border for specific treatment. The Yes panel should have on agreed that but then pointed out the little lad who was taken from Southampton hospital the other week and was tracked to Spain had to go to the Czech Republic for treatment so it's not a problem that is peculiarly Scottish.

You see the problem with tonight's debate is not that the No won, it's that there were so many open goals that the Yes camp missed.

The undecided women in the audience's comments right at the end were the most powerful in the debate. Davidson and Alexander getting caught with their incredible massive blatant lying over emailgate by the host, means everything else they said should just be disregarded. Caught lying nothing else they say can be trusted.

What did she say?

Am out the country at the moment....

So how can that be independence when the Bank Of England controls interest rates? Oh and has this decision already been made and agreed to?

And how much input do we (Scotland) have in their decision making at the moment?

There's no arguement as to whether we use the pound, only whether it will be in a currency union or not.

Might be an idea to let Germany, France and the other countries that are using the Euro that they aren't independent either.

And how much input do we (Scotland) have in their decision making at the moment?

There's no arguement as to whether we use the pound, only whether it will be in a currency union or not.

Might be an idea to let Germany, France and the other countries that are using the Euro that they aren't independent either.

Really? Again where's the agreement to this?

Germany and France? Not sure I understand what you mean.

It's Germany as they have the central bank and are stronger. You are walking to financial disaster if you want a currency controlled by England.

Basically Davidson said it was all just answering journalists and Cook said "but I received an email yet I never asked for it", to which she looked flustered then changed the subject to Lloyds.

Cook could have left Davidson high and dry on this but the weak worm let her off the hook.

Really? Again where's the agreement to this?

Germany and France? Not sure I understand what you mean.

Here you go.

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/215460-Does-anyone-here-believe-we-can't-use-the-pound?

Does anyone here believe we can't use the pound?

Rather than trolling the forum why don't you have a read through this.

It's Germany as they have the central bank and are stronger. You are walking to financial disaster if you want a currency controlled by England.

The Euro is an option and Germany would then be in control of Scotland's finances as they control Europe's debt. So give control to Germany? Ok if you like. Ask the other Europeans about that

Here you go.

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/215460-Does-anyone-here-believe-we-can't-use-the-pound?

Does anyone here believe we can't use the pound?

Rather than trolling the forum why don't you have a read through this.

So read a P & b thread to enlighten me? No I know that currency union involves agreement between the participants and for usage of the UK pound would effectively mean that financial control remains at the B o E.

Archived