The Last BBC Scotland "Big Debate" Programme (20:00 - BBC1)

Casual Bystander

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03vrtp4

So will this be a barrel of laughs, or just a barrel of fannies. A pretty strong No panel with Douglas Alexander and Ruth Davidson versus Elaine C Smith and Stewart Hosie.

I am sure the BBC will be desperate to show their lack of bias.

Interesting Cook has been tweeting recently that the BBC didn't edit the bigbigdebate stuff (the one with the young adults) to minimise the booing for the no camp or that he had cut Galloway's comment about the Nazis, to which the young twitterati have been giving him pelters along the lines of "you seem to forget we were in the audience".

As a fun game, I would like you to all watch out for Ruth Davidson's "I'm thinking" face where she puts on an expression of someone who has just got the faintest whiff of dog shite but is unsure and is waiting to smell it again.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alexander and Davidson are both fairly big hitters, and Smith has already gone, "aye, but I'm not a politician don't ask me about it", on the STV debate. She will appeal to some but I also think that both of the nodrone will be able to run rings around her. The gamble is whether the viewers see her being rounded on by politicians when she's just Mary-Doll from off the TV. That said, hardly as damaging as having someone like Galloway on your side, so at least Davidson will be happy she's got a competent co-panellist this time round.

Hosie's a good debater. Whilst Smith may appeal to some she'll definitely be the weak link on that panel. The only hope is that she can play it to her advantage.

Is Hosie as good as the two No Campaigners? Only time will tell I suppose.

Elaine C Smith was very good in a debate on STV. People will be sick of hearing the same shit about currency, NHS, oil, banking, defense etc..., so hearing a "normal" person tell them about their hopes and dreams for Scotland, might just resonate with a few undecideds.

Hosie's a good debater. Whilst Smith may appeal to some she'll definitely be the weak link on that panel. The only hope is that she can play it to her advantage.

Is Hosie as good as the two No Campaigners? Only time will tell I suppose.

Yes. Comfortably.

Elaine C Smith was very good in a debate on STV. People will be sick of hearing the same shit about currency, NHS, oil, banking, defense etc..., so hearing a "normal" person tell them about their hopes and dreams for Scotland, might just resonate with a few undecideds.

It would be better if Rab C come on and stuck the nut on Alexander.

Great populist stunt.

Archived