Heart of Midlothian v Cowdenbeath

I am dealing with it and trying to change dumb attitudes that don't work - just because other folks do it doesn't mean it is clever or helps the club in any way, shape or form. There's a difference between bigging up which I haven't done here and slagging off which is generally self defeating in this context when you want your club to progress.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's all I expect from a youth player - progression. I've never been Milne's biggest fan but you can see the development in him over the last two years and he's became and important part of our side. Brett - well everyone knows how good he is. TOB has also improved but he needs to kick on again as he's stalled a wee bit IMO but he has a chance - injuries will ultimately hamper him I feel.

But we have progressed the club and the players we have at the moment have all played some part in this - to a level consistently higher than most have ever seen the club at in their lifetime. There's seems to be some sort of misconception that you just easily acquire better players at will - it's not as easy as that unless folks put their hands in their pooch again and again and even then you are never guaranteed that things pan out as you hope.

Absolutely but I'm not talking about signing players as that's always a lottery to an extent - we haven't bought well in the main.

I'm talking about the development of a 'young' player (not young anymore). They should be developing huge amounts at that age, a lack of development to me indicates they never will improve to the required level - for whatever reason. Someone else should be given the chance to come in as a young boy - like Kyle was - and be given the chance to progress. If they are you can bet your life they will be given a chance by the fans.

Hearts are a great example. Players like Smith and Robinson were in and around the first team and they clearly aren't progressing how the club wanted. They say see you later and bring in the next young player to be given a chance - and potentially find a gem.

Everyone recognises that the club has progressed but also despite some players, not because of.

It was acknowledged in some. Squib was a favourite but ultimately proved not good enough for this league so let go. Similar with Mbu and a few others. Sometimes it has to be accepted they aren't good enough and someone else tried. I'd rather young CJ got a run than Miller. Who knows if he'll make it but he deserves a shot as he's shown potential. Young enough too still be allowed to be raw though.

We have a number of young lads coming through such as Wright and Mitchell who I think can maybe make it - nobody is being held back by anybody else - if they're good enough they will get the chance. Comparing a part time small club like Cowden to Hearts youth set up makes no sense at all.

Well isn't CJ getting his chance this season? You seem to believe though that getting rid of a player means you can just pluck a better one out of thin air and within budget. I don't just accept all you say about players let go either - you don't know the whole story in some situations

CJ is and thats to be applauded. What is he 18 or 19? He's earned it with his performances in the reserves second half of last season. His favoured position is also more central though so is it as good a chance as he could get? I don't think he tackles well enough to be a midfielder. Walking yellow card for me at the moment but still has time to develop and maybe get a shot up front. We have a lot of strikers to slit into the team though.

Both Hearts and Cowdenbeath produce youth players for two reasons - to improve their current squad )now or in the future) or to sell on to make a fee.

So genuine question then CC saying as you say you think Wright 'can make it'. Has Kyle Miller 'made it' in your opinion?

Archived