Falkirk vs Dumbarton

Strange game. For the first 70 minutes we created nothing, Falkirk were the better team but again Rogers didn't have too many saves to make, one excellent one in the second half. You never felt out of it, I didn't think Falkirk were comfortable at the back and we were our most dangerous when we went 4-2-4. As soon as they took of Taiwo Murray moved to that formation and we seemed to have more energy than Falkirk. Throwing Andy Graham up front in the last 5 and we were playing 3-2-5 :lol:. I thought Nish should have scored just before we actually did but his presence made a difference when he came on. Brilliant work from MacDougall for the goal, we know he's got that talent and I'd maybe agree with others that giving Mitch a rest might help him, he's not been great.

Agree with others that the ref was crap, a number of strange decisions and I felt he got a hell of a lot wrong, namely fouls when folk were jumping for headers, some of those weren't fouls in a million years.

Finally, get it right up that Falkirk fan that stood behind us in the last 5 minutes trying to act the funny c**t. Disappeared into the concourse quicker than you could say "KANO!".

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really thought things had improved with the goal and movement of the 1st half. I thought at half time though that failure to take the chances may come back to bite us.

Dumbarton were awful until Houston took Tawio off and handed them the intiative. I can only think it was down to the injury he got in the 1st half?

There were some good individual performances. Shaugnessy was good, OTJ strolled it but needs to get more involved, Loy was ok but doesn't seem to have the same hunger but Sibbald was the best man on the park! just hope he can keep it up.

Leahy's never a left back though. Both yesterday's and last week's goals came from his side of the park.

Cooper and Smith are clones.

We were pretty good until Houstie took Taiwo off. Lots of good, attacking football which created chances. First half especially. I don't think Dumbarton deserved anything from the game but at 1-0, you always risk losing a late goal. Especially when you sit back and try to defend your lead in the last minutes of the game.

The new signings looked better with game time. Shaughnessey in particular is night and day compared with Maybury.

The ref was utterly fucking woeful, for both sides. Completely incompetent. He got a number of decisions wrong, the yellow cards dished out were a joke and the most blatant foul of the game earned nothing more than a word in the ear. Do these diddies seriously think they deserve a pay rise?

Poor from us yesterday, was really dissapointed with the number of basic errors yesterday. Far too many misplaced/controlled passes and the likes.

As others said we were very poor for the majority of the game but weirdly felt there was a chance we could nick something.

Again thought Taggart had a good game.

Can I ask as to why Dumbarton fans had a minutes applause at the start of the game?

It was in tribute to one of our fans (Kirsty Mackie) who passed away suddenly last week. She was only late 20's (I think?) so was a bit of a shock to say the least. She was a die hard fan who attended week in week out and was well known by fellow fans, staff members and the majority of the players.

Was nice to see our players wearing black arm bands as well.

It was in tribute to one of our fans (Kirsty Mackie) who passed away suddenly last week. She was only late 20's (I think?) so was a bit of a shock to say the least. She was a die hard fan who attended week in week out and was well known by fellow fans, staff members and the majority of the players.

Was nice to see our players wearing black arm bands as well.

Cheers pal.

yup, I not saying he wasn't offside, I'm just saying. like you acknowledge, that still pics will never prove it, unless taken at exactly the right time/place.

Agree that we seem to be starting very slowly too.

I didn't claim that the photos were conclusive. I just asked if anyone thought Sibbald was offside and linked to the photos.

Nah it was Linton who you see being skint. Before the clip starts Van Zanten is beaten twice before letting a player run across him with ease. But aye, far too easy!

I'm talking about when the ball is played into the box: DVZ lets Sibbald run straight infront of him to nod in the goal, horrendous marking.

None of our full backs fill me with confidence. The only option though would be to play MacDonald at LB and Taggart at RB moving Mair into CB. Don't think it's right to split up Taggart & Graham though as they've looked very decent together.

I'm talking about when the ball is played into the box: DVZ lets Sibbald run straight infront of him to nod in the goal, horrendous marking.

None of our full backs fill me with confidence. The only option though would be to play MacDonald at LB and Taggart at RB moving Mair into CB. Don't think it's right to split up Taggart & Graham though as they've looked very decent together.

I see. Yeah, awful defending from the cross (in addition to the aforementioned mistakes). Such a poor goal to concede. Ours was poor from a Falkirk point of view though. I definitely wouldn't split Graham and Taggart as they look as solid a central defensive partnership as we have had for years!

Archived