Falkirk vs Dumbarton

Final comment for the ref. one of the most incompetent, inconsistent and ridiculously blind officials I have ever seen. The saving grace is that he was shit for both teams - us in the first half and them in the second. How was there 3 bookings in that?

This.

The yellow for the Dumbarton LB was the easiest decision a ref will ever make in the history of football, yet he had a word.

The booking they got in the 2nd half was a joke too.

I can't remember seeing a home teams fans so angry with a ref when winning before.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure this time last year Falkirk were saying the same thing though. He always looked decent but lacked something when he played against us. Brilliant pace but not the greatest touch... hard to explain really. Just what I seen as an outsider though. Absolute idiot of a guy.

Bang on

Hardly stole yards. The guy can throw the ball far enough that he really doesn't have to steal yards. FWIW your players were wasting time the whole second half. Countless times the ref could have handed out a booking for kicking/carrying the ball away or holding onto it. But he was pretty incompetent and decided to hand out a booking to Kane for a soft foul and ignored a few others which should have been (Linton's in the first half).

But the one ball boy was taking the piss behind your goal. All I was pointing out really.

Whit? One throw in was half way inside your half...........he actually then took the throw in at the half way line! I agree with our ball boy nonsense though. Totally unacceptable. Think Linton had something on that total clown of a ref to get away with the ridiculous body check in the first half.

Well I thought we were pretty awful so I'm delighted to get a point!

Van Zanten and Linton were defensively pretty poor today but on the positive side Taggart and The Chase are becoming a very solid central defensive partnership.

The first half was awful, we were truly dreadful. Whilst The Falkirk goal was very well worked it came from us not tackling or even closing down when we should've.

The second half looked like more of the same with us rarely threatening until the sub's were made. No idea why Falkirk took of Taiwo as I thought he'd been excellent (him and OTJ will be an excellent midfield in this division) and then the ever dangerous Loy. Bringing on the much maligned duo of Nish and McDougall (along with the less maligned) Archie Campbell didn't inspire a great deal of confidence in me. I was wrong, we looked far more threatening and credit to Nish, who I've criticised a lot this season, for the part he played in that.

The goal was down to a wonderful McDougall run. If any Sons fans remember the 3-0 win at Cappielow in Ian Murrays second game it was akin to his assist for Pruntys goal. It is something we know he's capable of but don't see often enough from him. Great positioning from Kane to knock it in and create glorious scenes in the away end.

In the end its a very good point after a pretty poor performance.

Just one thing on the walking joke that was the referee today: Why did he refuse to let us make a substitution twice when the ball was out of play? Never anything like it happen before!

How can our team tire so badly and be overrun by part time opposition in the last 20 minutes? Taking Taiwo off was bizarre, midfield was all wrong after that. I don't rate him but where's Olu? He could've sat in midfield if Taiwo was burst. Jones and Smith were abysmal.

We did plenty well in the first half but it's undone with that dire end to the game.

I thought Jones was pretty decent today tbh especially first half. Sibbald and Shaugnessy were our best players. You could see the equaliser coming in the last 15 minutes. Ritchie is getting what he wants. An average Championship side going nowhere. No need to pay better wages, work hard to drive the club forward or worry about investment.

Yeah agreed on Shaughnessy, big strong athletic guy who I think will get even better with game time.

Jones won some early headers but did very little else.

Shaughnessy's sliding covering tackle in the first half. Sexy.

The goal was down to a wonderful McDougall run. If any Sons fans remember the 3-0 win at Cappielow in Ian Murrays second game it was akin to his assist for Pruntys goal. It is something we know he's capable of but don't see often enough from him. Great positioning from Kane to knock it in and create glorious scenes in the away end.

I remember that goal well. It was a great goal and why i have always thought there's life in McDougall yet. Clearly thats why Murray has stood by him too as he is capable but just doesn't do it anywhere near often enough.

I remember that goal well. It was a great goal and why i have always thought there's life in McDougall yet. Clearly thats why Murray has stood by him too as he is capable but just doesn't do it anywhere near often enough.

Yep, said to my brother when we scored that his run was very reminiscent of the one vs Morton 2 years back. A very frustrating player who I really would like to regain the form he showed when he first came to us. Mitch definitely needs to find form again or he will be dropped soon. We do have options and if Steg can sort himself out he could maybe force his way in.

Two shots I took of the Falkirk goal. Not conclusive by any means but does anyone else think Sibbald might have been offside?

http://bigrab.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/p1070373.jpg

http://bigrab.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/p1070374.jpg

Unless you are looking right along the defensive line, and you take the picture at the exact moment the ball is played, still pictures are useless for defining offsides.

Unless you are looking right along the defensive line, and you take the picture at the exact moment the ball is played, still pictures are useless for defining offsides.

Must admit I thought he was offside at the time but agree that photos can never be decisive. Thought we deserved the draw for our play in the last half hour but we really need to get in to games earlier. Falkirk, like Livi a few weeks ago, could have had the game won before we started playing. Both Kirkpatrick and Megginson are falling far short of what is needed and I would expect Murray to make changes in the middle of the park for next week

Must admit I thought he was offside at the time but agree that photos can never be decisive. Thought we deserved the draw for our play in the last half hour but we really need to get in to games earlier. Falkirk, like Livi a few weeks ago, could have had the game won before we started playing. Both Kirkpatrick and Megginson are falling far short of what is needed and I would expect Murray to make changes in the middle of the park for next week

yup, I not saying he wasn't offside, I'm just saying. like you acknowledge, that still pics will never prove it, unless taken at exactly the right time/place.

Agree that we seem to be starting very slowly too.

Not sure what a lot of sons fans expect.

Losing a poor goal after 4 mins put us on the back foot but overall we were never at any stage out of this game.

By the end we deserved our point although quite why Houston decided to forfeit all the ball in last 10 mins must have frustrated the home support.

Im not as despondant about Mitch and Kirkie as others but yes would prefer a bit more.Still think Nish is better option than Fleming as target especially when home team force keeper to kick long.

Very encouraging from Mcdougall today.

Archived