Falkirk vs Dumbarton

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why did Millar go to Peterhead, a big wage no doubt?

Trained with St Johnstone & Hamilton, neither of whom took the chance.

Possibly decided on Peterhead as he ran out of time and options. He's hardly kicked a ball for them though, maybe not fully fit? Would love to see him back here as I think it would make all the difference to us. Don't think he and Houstie hit it off though!

Possibly decided on Peterhead as he ran out of time and options. He's hardly kicked a ball for them though, maybe not fully fit? Would love to see him back here as I think it would make all the difference to us. Don't think he and Houstie hit it off though!

I was informed that he came back after the summer 1 stone heavier.

I chose to ignore this claim until it became more and more likely to be true.

Certainly would explain a lot.

Wasn't it Houston who signed him for Dundee United? Where he completely failed to get near the first team. Chances are he isn't rated by your new manager and if there are rumours of fitness issues etc then that would have confirmed any doubts.

Always thought he was decent player, would have taken him at Sons.

I was informed that he came back after the summer 1 stone heavier.

I chose to ignore this claim until it became more and more likely to be true.

Certainly would explain a lot.

That wouldn't surprise me as he's allegedly not one of the best trainers in the world.

Wasn't it Houston who signed him for Dundee United? Where he completely failed to get near the first team. Chances are he isn't rated by your new manager and if there are rumours of fitness issues etc then that would have confirmed any doubts.

Always thought he was decent player, would have taken him at Sons.

Houstie signed him and Gardyne saying that he thought they were the two best players in Div 1 at the time. He did play a few games for the 1st team but not many. Again there were rumours of a fall out with Houston and I don't think McNamara rated him. I don't ever remember there being any problems or non-training with him when with us but I could be wrong.

I think he's a very good player and just what we need at the moment. He was certainly one of the best players in the division last season.

He's experienced a fair old downwards dump since leaving us. I thought at the very least he'd have sneaked into a bottom 3 top flight side, or maybe the usual suspects like Livingston would have thrown an offer his way. Money aside, that no-one other than Peterhead took him on would suggest that there's more to it than is in the public domain. It certainly isn't ability, that's for sure.

Our next three games are against falkirk cowdenbeath and Alloa who are the three teams nearest to us in the league. If we want to stay up they are the teams we have to beat in a consistent manner. Thus points on Saturday are vital for survival.

Yes cause we will be in the relegation fight with the part time teams

Yes cause we will be in the relegation fight with the part time teams

If I am correct in reading this in the sarcastic tone that you intended with this comment, what have you seen thus far to suggest otherwise ? And honestly I'm not being a doom merchant here, just curious what makes you think, given our form, puts us in good stead to steer well clear of that area of the table ?

Archived