Wee Gers v L£agu£ L£ad£r$

Get ready for the midfield battle we've all been waiting for. Defibrillators at the ready, it's Colin Cameron vs Darren Young.

5 games played, and we're 5 points ahead of Berwick, whose 12 goals scored is a mask for their erratic form. Their tactic is obviously to out-score, and with Albion Rovers now in possession of the cleanest sheet in the league thanks to Neil "safe hands" Parry, who hasn't been sent off in almost 5 months, and his impenetrable back four, we have nothing worry about.

I've been singing the praises of John Gemmell and Mark McGuigan non-stop, and am confident that Gemmell will play through his broken rib and the pair will blitz Berwick with a barrage of attacking play in a 6-1 win reminiscent of that Tuesday night in our promotion season. This will be completed by Scott Chaplain scoring the perfect hat trick, the beginning of what will become his most successful Rovers campaign yet. Unfortunately Arbroath are playing Clyde, so even if we do win 6-1 they will go above us on goal difference.

Off the pitch, the #CCRevolution will grind to an untimely halt when the Berwick fans take a leaf from their neighbours in Newcastle and turn up with "CAMERON OUT" magic-markered onto their bedsheets. Meanwhile, maybe our new new-look BoD will learn a thing or two about stadium design from the stately palazzo that is Shielfield Park.

Get ready for the midfield battle we've all been waiting for. Defibrillators at the ready, it's Colin Cameron vs Darren Young.

5 games played, and we're 5 points ahead of Berwick, whose 12 goals scored is a mask for their erratic form. Their tactic is obviously to out-score, and with Albion Rovers now in possession of the cleanest sheet in the league thanks to Neil "safe hands" Parry, who hasn't been sent off in almost 5 months, and his impenetrable back four, we have nothing worry about.

I've been singing the praises of John Gemmell and Mark McGuigan non-stop, and am confident that Gemmell will play through his broken rib and the pair will blitz Berwick with a barrage of attacking play in a 6-1 win reminiscent of that Tuesday night in our promotion season. This will be completed by Scott Chaplain scoring the perfect hat trick, the beginning of what will become his most successful Rovers campaign yet. Unfortunately Arbroath are playing Clyde, so even if we do win 6-1 they will go above us on goal difference.

Off the pitch, the #CCRevolution will grind to an untimely halt when the Berwick fans take a leaf from their neighbours in Newcastle and turn up with "CAMERON OUT" magic-markered onto their bedsheets. Meanwhile, maybe our new new-look BoD will learn a thing or two about stadium design from the stately palazzo that is Shielfield Park.

Wasn't worth the effort mate.

Also coming up for this one. 'Dad' collecting me at 9am. Looking forward to it - very friendly club, good chippy nearby, good social club, great programme shop, everybody so friendly and welcoming. Hideous shirt numbers though - but that's another story.

"Pish" and "grim" are the two descriptions i've read.

Those would be harsh. "Dull" and "Even" are the two I'd go for.

I'm not sure how Berwick will view that result but I bet the Rovers management are happy. On a day we never got going, partly because we were a man short in midfield and took an hour to address the issue, a draw is a great result. Indeed, we could have snatched it right at the end; not sure what the referee and linesman seen there, although I really couldn't have been much further from it.

Neil Parry was Rovers' best performer for me, closely followed by Mr Consistency - Alan Reid. Our manager played 90 mins, as always, and left a sub unused, as ever, but struggled badly until Cusack upped the numbers in the second half.

For Berwick, Cameron was excellent, I only counted one misplaced pass, albeit augmented by falling over umpteen times.

So yeah, we can't win every week, but neither can Arbroath.

Certainly not the greatest 90 mins of football ever but it's nice to see us actually getting stuck in during the 2nd half. Our performance may have dipped from the first to the second again but last season we'd have certainly lost that game. Before the game I said I'd take a point so can't complain - Albion are a good side.

That being said, we have to be heavily thankful towards Michael Andrews. I wasn't confident in his selection at all but the save he made at the end won us a point, it was an absolutely outrageous piece of goalkeeping and I'm glad that we have the Albion footage from the Ducket side to see it again.

Good to see Ross Gray return and hopefully he can get some fitness up.

Archived