Clyde vs Arbroath

Can you not let them enjoy their moment?

The young guy (19) from Dundee, Dylan Carreiro started his first professional league game today and scored two great goals, the first one especially and the 5th goal, well our player ran to a young lad in the crowd who was celebrating his birthday to high five him.

So yes lots of celebrating but if football fans weren't so cynical, childish and so negative then perhaps more people would enjoy their day out.

That young lad will have that memory for many years and it was also my dad's birthday today and he enjoyed his trip to Cumbernauld too! :P Although I'm not sure if that was the good carvery lunch or the result.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The striker that seems to play 90 mins week in week out is not up to the job that's asked of him.

The right back can be described with the exact same words!

The midfield lacks legs . No pace in the wide areas .

Looks like a team of strangers.

I know fergie scored two today but apart from that his game play was ineffective ! Why?out of position?

Could have conceded more than 5 today.

Only saving grace was that down to 10 men provides some sort of excuse . However the games played to date all appear to reflect that their is issues with a team that appears to be going backwards from lady season at a great pace of knots!

Scratching my admittedly bald head again. Ignoring above criticism of McManus, as it's just daft.

Ive no issues with BF wanting his own team, my worry is that the level of transition is too much to place on a bunch of players at that level. Durie aside, I think we can all see they can play, but gelling and confidence is now a major issue.

Another issue I have, and David W will no doubt disagree, even though I agree with his post earlier - Barclay needs some GOOD competition. I thought he had a fine game apart from shipping another goal. by my reckoning and in my opinion, he's been either totally or completely at fault for goal against QP, 2 at Ibrox, 1 against Berwick, 1 against Shire and 1 today. The lack of genuine competition has been assembled in every position bar this one.

Much the same as last week, we started well and should have been ahead before Arbroath scored. Thought sending off was harsh, as McManus swan dived at first booking(was doing it all day) and for the 2nd booking he was beaten by a quicker more skilful player - nothing else.

Marsh looked shaky without McQueen in beside, and Durie's done nothing to suggest he is better than a bright prospect in McGhee.

Fergie scored two yet flattered to deceive again, Gibson and Smith were fine, and McManus had a thankless task when we went down to 10.

Thought McLeish looked good before getting subbed.

Given the 10 men and the, quality of the third goal especially, its hard to gauge how we played. 11 vs 11 and it may well have been a cracker.

Arbroath by far the best team I've seen this season. Nicol strolled through the game, and Linn and the numbers 8 & 10 very accomplished on the ball in an attacking sense. Team that finishes above them IMO will win the league, but lets not get too down considering Arbroath had a numerical advantage for 2/3 of the game.

Once we click I'm convinced we will be fine and up around the playoffs.

PS - We are definitely missing a nuisance player on the park ala Sweeney, very pretty to watch at times but need some dig.

Don't agree with blaming the goalie.

Once we click comment be up at play offs, is hopeful to say the least.

Players looking fine is not good enough.

They have to get results. That's the bottom line.

A tall striker that can hold the ball up and head from crosses is required.

A fast wide player who can rip

Past full backs and deliver is needed.

And someone in midfield who can break up play win it back with fire in the belly is needed.

Defenders that concentrate on defending not bombing forward at every opportunity then making a complete arse of it would be nice.

What a game, thoroughly enjoyed my day. When the ultras appeared halfway through last season we all thought they were a bit of a joke but I think they've made a difference, so enthusiastic about the game. Top of the league and buzzing for next week

Think it was his challenge to give away the free kick for Clyde 1st goal. Overall he played very well but I would hesitate to pick any as MoM. The whole team played well and we could have really embarrassed the Bully if we had taken even half the chances made. A very enjoyable day in the sun, a comfortable win in the end, and back on top of the table. Cheered me up no end after Thursday. C'mon lichties.

You fuckin blind? Hard to pick man of the match? It was Nicoll all day long

Embarrassing

Anyway looked liked a bunch of fuds running into the crowd fifth goal good to see that a victory against one of the big teams means so much to the old country yokels

By the way nice of the fans to come down in the vintage buses

A bunch of fuds......that fucked over your shambles of a team

What makes it worse for Clyde is that Moors is on holiday....that was a Todd Lumsden team that beat you

What makes it worse is that after his interview with that disaster of a Clyde chairman, Moore decided it would be a far better decision to commute from Cumbernauld to Arbroath

Embarrassing

Anyway looked liked a bunch of fuds running into the crowd fifth goal good to see that a victory against one of the big teams means so much to the old country yokels

By the way nice of the fans to come down in the vintage buses

ffs, Oh my hoorin sides

'Country Yokels' And I always thought Arbroath was a coastal town

It's even nicer having fans.

Archived