Dundee: What's it like..

DA Baracus

Don't know how far up Dens Road you'll be but Frews and the Clep are the best two locals in the area IMO. Must be about 20 boozers within a mile's radius. Vastly differing in quality, of course, but you'll soon work out which ones to avoid.

The fairly central location means you'll be able to get a growler up the road from the Vu before anyone sees you. God speed, DA Baracus.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had friends and family living there and would go through for a weekend from time to time, i think its actually alright. Pretty strangely set out and a nightmare to drive in but something pretty homely and friendly about it. Was always good for a weekend anyway, not sure how i would feel about living there after the years I've lived in Edinburgh!

Don't know how far up Dens Road you'll be but Frews and the Clep are the best two locals in the area IMO. Must be about 20 boozers within a mile's radius. Vastly differing in quality, of course, but you'll soon work out which ones to avoid.

The fairly central location means you'll be able to get a growler up the road from the Vu before anyone sees you. God speed, DA Baracus.

I fear with that last paragraph you've uncovered the true reason for my relocation to the City of Discovery. I am a desperate, lonely man.

Only city where they can construct entire sentences using vowels only without a trace of a consonant.

Seriously have stayed over a few times and it's a sound place.

Be even better when the waterfront works are finished!

I'm 22 and work in the city cooooncil. Love the city regardless of the stick it gets. Will most likely move here in next year or so spend half my week here anyways obviously will get a holiday home in Costa del Arbroath too. So many sound c***s in Dundee IMO. It's also YES city. Also never seen a Sevco top in my puff in the City most of the punters back Dundee/United which is great to see.

I fear with that last paragraph you've uncovered the true reason for my relocation to the City of Discovery. I am a desperate, lonely man.

An old guy in the pub I worked in as a student told me that if you ever want your hole then the Sporting Lounge in Lochee is the place to go.

I'm making no bold claims about standards employed in my single days when I say we were operating in different markets and I never tested his theory.

So what you're saying is that the 5 rings on the sign for the Olympic Suite above said boozer had a hidden meaning?

A guy at work tells a tale of being invited to a wedding reception in the Olympic lounge. At some point in the night he walked into one of the bogs to find the bride fingering some other lassie in the gents. He was at pains to point out that this was nowhere near as erotic a scenario as you might think.

Not long moved in! I am now officially a resident of Dundee!

'Tis a braw view when you're heading in over the bridge from the South.

Not many people know that the Tay is actually a man-made moat, built by Fife to keep the Dundee folk out.

If you ever fancy a change for a night out, I wouldn't recommend any of the pubs over here.... either of them.

Been here for 5 years now, 4 at Uni and one as a real working person. Unless fantastic job offers come a knocking I can't see myself going anywhere anytime soon. Plenty good pubs in the west end and the ferry where I spend most of my time, plenty football to watch and play and a plethora of fantastic golf courses to chose from. For the most part it's full of decent c**ts too.

• 1 month later...

Gonna try buy myself a flat here too next year, any recommendations on where would be best to buy? Not got much to spend at all tbh will just be buying myself and probably looking in the region 60-80k. Where'd be best for buying and then selling on after, asking everybody in work and people I know but p and b is always good for a bit of knowledge ;)

Gonna try buy myself a flat here too next year, any recommendations on where would be best to buy? Not got much to spend at all tbh will just be buying myself and probably looking in the region 60-80k. Where'd be best for buying and then selling on after, asking everybody in work and people I know but p and b is always good for a bit of knowledge ;)

I suppose it depends on how much space you need and how long you plan to live there really. 80k would get you a 2 bed flat in plenty of areas near town if that's a factor, or a nicer 1 bed somewhere. That budget may be pushing it a bit for the 'desirable west end' though.

Archived