Dundee: What's it like..

DA Baracus

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Elders Court is one of the most fashionable addresses in the city if you're moving there-good place to live.

Fortunately not.

You'll be welcome to the next Dundee bus crawl which, hopefully, will be more akin to the first one than the more recent one.

PS look out for the auld grumpy b*****ds!

Consider me in.

I moved here a few years ago for university without any sort of high expectations of the place having only visited for the football. Can honestly say it's the best decision I've ever made, the size of the city is just about perfect with almost anywhere either walkable or about 10 minutes if you jump on the bus. Dens Road is fairly central and you'll find yourself being able to walk into town if you want to. The city centre is decent for shopping with the usual high street shops in the Overgate then others dotted about the high street itself, can see it being a lot nicer once the Wellgate is done up a bit as well.

Cost of living is probably the best in Scotland for a Scottish city, plenty of places to eat fairly cheaply and the drink prices are normally decent. The pubs are excellent as well, would definitely recommend a walk up Perth Road for a night out, but the city centre has it's fair share of good pubs as well. Normally a decent crowd in the pubs as well, Dundonians are among the nicest people I've met.

Being the 'YES City' instantly makes the place sound as f**k so I didn't really need to mention the previous stuff.

Only really driven through Dundee or gone to games there. However there is a lot of pictures from there on the Horrific Club Pictures thread.

Live in Dundee, work in Aberdeen.

Get nothing but stick about being from Dundee but having dragged a few of them down here for nights out etc they are all changing their perceptions.

Friendly, cheap, ok nightlife, plenty to do with even more to come. What's not to like?

Archived