NUS Scotland representatives in unanimous support for Yes!

Casual Bystander

NUS president Gordon Maloney, vice president Robert Foster and women’s officer Vonnie Sandlan have all declared for Yes.

Mr Maloney said: “What’s clinched it for me is looking at who’s lining up to tell us we’re too stupid and uppity to manage it. When oil execs and big bankers make pathetic threats, I have no doubt which side I’m on. I believe an independent Scotland can deliver a better future"

Mr Foster said: “I haven’t taken the decision to vote Yes lightly, but it is a decision that feels completely comfortable to me and it feels right for my country. I believe an independent Scotland can deliver a better future for my family and my four-year-old son.”

Ms Sandlan said: “With four young children to think of, I have not taken this decision lightly.

“All of the political issues which are close to my heart are being best addressed in the vision set out by those campaigning for a Yes vote: treating immigrants with respect, prioritising funded accessible childcare, guaranteeing free fair and funded further & higher education, removing Trident from Scotland, investing in renewable energy and making Scotland the best place in the world to grow up to name but a few.”

(source)

Archived