"Preposterous" and "Disingenuous" says leading bankers

Casual Bystander

...about Deutsche Bank's claims of rack and ruin.

Not just any leading bankers either, but the person who was the Head of Scottish Operations for Deutsche Bank, so if anyone would know, it's gong to be him. Also slamming his comments is a former risk manager for Lloyds.

Senior bankers have dismissed claims that independence could trigger a great depression as "preposterous" and "disingenuous".

Ian Blackford, who formerly ran Deutsche Bank's operations in Scotland and the Netherlands, and Edward McDowell, a former risk manager for Lloyds Banking Group, have played down the warnings of their former employers of the risks of independence.

(source)

I think I'd better enlighten you on this one. Ian Blackford is better known as the man who missed the Paisley South by election open goal by being a disastrous candidate for the SNP, being caught out by the Lib Dem Eileen McCartin during a televised debate that he'd clearly no clue about the constituency he was standing for. He was the party treasurer for some time, but fell out with some of the high heed yins.

I think I'd better enlighten you on this one. Ian Blackford is better known as the man who missed the Paisley South by election open goal by being a disastrous candidate for the SNP, being caught out by the Lib Dem Eileen McCartin during a televised debate that he'd clearly no clue about the constituency he was standing for. He was the party treasurer for some time, but fell out with some of the high heed yins.

So are you saying that he wasn't the head of Scottish operations at Deutsche Bank? That might come as a shock to him.

Now if you wish to say there is some sort of collusion going on here, should we point out that Sir Mike Rake who has recently claimed telephone bills would go up, is the same Mike Rake that was put forward for his knighthood by Gordon Brown, is a personal friend of Gordon Brown and sat on numerous advisory committees for Gordon Brown. Do I need to point out who is a leading campaigner in the No camp? Well, funnily enough, it's Gordon Brown.

A question if you will Casual Bystander....

Why are YOU voting for Independence?

For many reasons, this is not the thread to discuss them though, ask me in the independence thread and I will happily explain them. No point in going off topic here.

This thread is for highlighting preposterous and disingenuous claims made by Deutsche Bank.

So are you saying that he wasn't the head of Scottish operations at Deutsche Bank? That might come as a shock to him.

Now if you wish to say there is some sort of collusion going on here, should we point out that Sir Mike Rake who has recently claimed telephone bills would go up, is the same Mike Rake that was put forward for his knighthood by Gordon Brown, is a personal friend of Gordon Brown and sat on numerous advisory committees for Gordon Brown.

Ian Blackford claims will be torn to pieces this time tomorrow in the press precisely because of what I'd stated above. Had he no links to the SNP his word would count, but it can be dismissed at a stroke precisely because he is a former senior party member - more to the point, one that made a prize Gareth Hunt of himself at that.

He would have been better served saying nothing: considering the Deutsche Bank's less than glowing history when it came to cosying to Mr Hitler, their 1930s crisis comparisons were an own goal to begin with.

I'm one of those that will be voting Yes, but your excitable yappy dog posting of every dribble of refutation against the No campaign you can find without at least trying to check the sources for yourself may well be putting off others. At times it's as bad as reading Councillor Terry Kelly's infamous blogshite.

Ian Blackford claims will be torn to pieces this time tomorrow in the press precisely because of what I'd stated above. Had he no links to the SNP his word would count, but it can be dismissed at a stroke precisely because he is a former senior party member - more to the point, one that made a prize Gareth Hunt of himself at that.

He would have been better served saying nothing: considering the Deutsche Bank's less than glowing history when it came to cosying to Mr Hitler, their 1930s crisis comparisons were an own goal to begin with.

I'm one of those that will be voting Yes, but your excitable yappy dog posting of every dribble of refutation against the No campaign you can find without at least trying to check the sources for yourself may well be putting off others. At times it's as bad as reading Councillor Terry Kelly's infamous blogshite.

So we allow the Bitters to throw out any old shite despite the obvious connection of those saying it to the campaign that those lies support, while not challenging them? Sorry, I just don't see that being the right strategy.

The bottom line is that this man was the Head of Scottish Operations for Deutsche Bank, that is the fact of the matter here.

...but your excitable yappy dog posting of every dribble of refutation against the No campaign you can find without at least trying to check the sources for yourself may well be putting off others. At times it's as bad as reading Councillor Terry Kelly's infamous blogshite.

Oh, and btw, I am merely countering with exactly the same bullshit that has been infesting this forum for the last couple of days.

If you don't like my "yappy dog" then you don't need to read my posts, it's a simple as that. I did check the sources, I do know who Blackford is, and I utterly resent your conceited attitude towards putting forward a countering claim to what are lies and spin being performed in a pernicious way by the upper echelons of big business in order to gain some sway with Westminster.

Archived