Dundee vs Dundee Utd - 21/09/14

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Utd were much better at closing down and never gave us a second on the ball. That coupled with us giving the ball away too easily and doing nothing in the final third meant we were never going to get a point here.

In a word, shite.

Beat us at our own game; we were abject. The referendum, this match and some personal issues have left me absolutey scunnered, I genuinely couldn't feel worse. We were fucking AWFUL. Well done United, you're years ahead of us.

We played, and using that term extremely loosely, as if it was just another league game. United played it as a derby. We really should be more direct in the final third.

All 4 goals were easily avoidable, we just totally switched off. Jimmy Mac what were you thinking? Kudos to United though. Konrad was stupid to get sent off.

4-1 harsh but fair.

Shite weekend :(

Wasps1, on 21 Sept 2014 - 14:05, said:

Bain in for next game 100%

Well he is our cup goalkeeper so I suppose we may see him.

As for the game, that is a genuinely much worse performance than the Derbies where we were pumped last time we were up. Last time round we were absolutely gash but tried our best, this time there was a distinct lack of effort on show from players who have shown they have the ability. Gutless.

McAlister caught doing the same thing for the penalty and their 2nd goal. Farcical.

This combined with the referendum result combined with the prospect that it could be another pumping on Wednesday could lead to happy people having suicidal thoughts. Absolutely dreadful.

Safe to say the better team won, Utd were more professional and experienced out there and I thought good for their one goal lead at half time. Feck knows what happened after half time, the worst I've seen us this season and I don't think Utd needed the help, they had us sussed anyway. They looked slicker all game and i'd made my mind up at 14 minutes that we were going to get beat, I can't remember the exact incident but I looked at the score board and thought "shit, we've only played 14 minutes". I was in the main stand so didn't get a good look at the Konrad second yellow but we'll miss him. Cold comfort but Stewarts was the best goal I thought, just wednesday to look forward to now :-(

That was just awful. United deserved their win, well I say win but I mean pumping. Dundee were awful, no drive no ideas, slow and ponderous. Hawkins was a passenger and should have been hooked after 15mins. I could go on. The only player who gets (just) pass marks for me is Stewart who I thought was ok.

Hopefully this serves as a wake up call to the team and highlights to PH some deficiencies that need work.

Definitely need to bounce back next week against county. I was all set on going up to Dingwall but now am unsure.

Also as a wee side note all the arseholes who left after 60mins need to take a long hard look at themselves. Fair enough no one wants to sit through a pumping but supporting your team is like a marriage - for better or worse. We've started very well this year and all it takes is an hour of shite to set hundreds of you scurrying away.

Fucking disgrace!

Standard 8)

Great all-round performance, but Paton was absolutely outstanding, man of the match for me. Two great tackles in midfield that led to two of the goals, and two fine deliveries from free kicks for two others. Immense.

Great day, best part (besides the result) was GMS winning the match sponsor's MOTM, no often you see that :lol:

I think the intention was maybe to give GMS as an award for his dive, but obviously didn't come off due to the utter pumping we were getting. Can't think of any other reason, not as if he was United's best player today. That accolade would go to Gary Harkins who's excellent passing found a United player time and time again, looks a talent, wish he was doing that for us.

I don't want to come across all Alan Hansen, her Dundee's defending was abysmal. Two very weak crosses into the box from set play's that should have been cleared. Penalty was a bit of a soft one, but that's the modern game these days.

Fair play to Utd though - very good performance.

Addie, on 21 Sept 2014 - 15:00, said:

I don't want to come across all Alan Hansen, her Dundee's defending was abysmal. Two very weak crosses into the box from set play's that should have been cleared. Penalty was a bit of a soft one, but that's the modern game these days.

Team had given up by that point. We stopped sending our CH's up for corners or free-kicks at that point as well. Soon as the second went in, Dundee's whole team just gave up.

Not at all, I agree with you 100%

Archived