Dundee vs Dundee Utd - 21/09/14

Yeah, he's wholehearted and committed for sure. Certainly could never accuse him of ducking a challenge or not giving 100%. Maybe as you say there will be instances where he needs to realise he doesn't need to steam in and win the ball first time every time, but as you say, experience at a higher level will help with that.

I remember reading that you guys had (rightly) reservations about Jackie bringing Callum in when you lost Gunning who, from afar, always seemed to be a cracking player. I thought it might take Callum a wee bit of time to adjust to the Premiership but it seems like he's going in there and holding his own. He's a really likeable character as well and I believe he'll become a fans favourite.

Just a shame the LC derby isn't on the telly midweek. But will continue to monitor his progress during the season. All the best to him, young Jordan Moore and your team for the rest of the season.

Gunning was absolutely rotten. Decent pace and decent touch for a centre half but soft as f**k, flaky, couldn't clear a ball with his head, thought he was miles better than he was and, as a result, constantly got caught out trying things which were frankly beyond him. Any reservations about Morris were simply because he was jumping up two divisions and nothing to do with who he was replacing.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2uxu3hd.jpg

Ludo?

Laughing at what? How much more successful they have been over our lifetimes? That's just embarrassing.

Genuinely not all that moved by today's result. Like a lot of people, I've been feeling like shit since Fridays news and I just couldn't get excited about this game. Even once I got in to a sold out Dens - nothing. Reading that over, I think that may be depression :lol:

On the tangent, there's no pressure on us for Wednesday night so hopefully the boys don't feel too down about the result and we can freshen things up and have a go. Though in reality, we're gonna get pumped, they'll be stronger and we'll be deflated. Ah well!

It's a penalty, clear as day, for me no matter what teams are involved. At best you could argue that the defender stood his ground and GMS ran into him, but there is absolutely no doubt the contact takes GMS down.

Saying he dived is just laughable, as is the suggestion that Konrad was flabbergasted at the decision. Look at the replay - he knows its a penalty!

Good spot by the ref, minimal contact, but a penalty nonetheless.

Haven't read the last pages since I last posted. As I've said since the game, getting pumped from a good team is acceptable, that isn't though. Every United fan I've spoke to says they were bad too.. They gave us 4!

f**k Wednesday, roll over, lose, we need everyone fit for the league. Also everyone was right, Roberts is a lazy yaselis cünt.

Aye he seems to give up far too early and then withdraws from the game.

If Dundee haven't won anything in 41 years then the majority of their fans have never seen them lifting meaningful silverware. That must be tough.

Don't you even feel a wee bit sorry for them.

#prayforthedundeelosers

Ha ha, don't you realise you won f**k all for 69 years, you stupid fucking dildo.

Thought may as well post these here since I saw them pop up on the official Facebook

At least I finally know what the banner people were holding up was, couldn't really make it out from where we were sitting.

What the f**k was Mario's celebration :lol:

And that kid(?) in the school shirt after the second :lol:

And before any Dees ask, no they don't show your goal :P

Pretty sure DundeeBarry is in that picture to the left sitting beside the boy who used to be the sports journalist in the Tele.

Indeed it is.

The flag wasn't mine by the way. I had a bed sheet with "WATCH LORRAINE KELLY'S SEX TAPE AT WWW.MUCKYARABSNATCH.CO.UK" spraypainted on it but the polis took it off me at the gate. Apparently I have to go through official channels if I want to advertise stuff at the game.

Dundee were terribly unlucky today. Dominant from kick off, chance after chance and we just couldn't put them away. Credit to United for hitting us on the break four times. At the end of the day it's all about taking your chances.

Great game, would watch again.

Some other points of notes looking at the extended highlights...

• Konrad had a mare - culpable for the (stonewall) penalty, shat Dow running at him for the 2nd, lost/outmuscled by Morris for the 3rd, then gets sent off.
  • Excellent extra touch by Dow before his shot, totally did McPake who was trying to cover.
  • Morris' epic windmilling celebration, been years since I've seen one of them.
  • Fojut continues to be one of the first to arrive to celebrate with our goalscorers, Arab blood in the veins already.
  • Watson's balls-exposed block at 3-0 then going up the park shortly after to score.
  • Paton and Rankin with considerable contributions.
  • The wee ginger laddie going mental at the 4th goal with I'm assuming his grandad patting his chest.

Special word to an out-of-position Dillon who I thought largely bossed his side of the defence.

I'm beginning to wonder if Dillon is starting to stake a claim to be our regular left back? I think you lose out a bit ob the attacking side but I think he is a more solid defender.

Also good to see that in light of the weekend results that the 'HiDees' partnership is still going strong.

Archived