Dundee vs Dundee Utd - 21/09/14

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was expecting better from Dundee than that, fucking hell they were woeful. Can't remember them creating a single chance all game apart from the right wingers volley and super Gary Harkins effort when it was already 3/4-0. Wighton and the number 23 looked bright when they came on so I'll be surprised if they dont start Wednesday wich will be a much tougher game. although I'm confident we'll also be better with Armstrong hopefully starting and Ciftci back.

Think the term is cleverer trippy. Although, GMS would give Tam Daley a run for his money. It's, sadly IMO, part of the game nowadays.

No definitely not cleverer... simply cheats. You could say streetwise and that Dundee were naive but they definitely established themselves by fouling, until they were a few goals up from defensive mistakes. They're an average side who took their chances when given to them.

With KT and WD back we will tighten up and progress.

No definitely not cleverer... simply cheats. You could say streetwise and that Dundee were naive but they definitely established themselves by fouling, until they were a few goals up from defensive mistakes. They're an average side who took their chances when given to them.

Suppose we'll agree to disagree on your first point.

I do agree with your second point.

No definitely not cleverer... simply cheats.

GMS, the most booted off the park United player single Lord Luggy, a 'cheat'. Gimme a break, good performance from the lad despite the agricultural attention.

Okay, simmer down with the 'cheats' stuff. I will put it down to you feeling a little tender after that pumping but the fact is we were more up for it than Dundee and we worked much harder. Did we commit more fouls? Yes we did but it was not malicious it was simply pressing and physicality, if Dundee couldn't handle it then that is the fault of your players and manager. Plus if we are an "average team" how bad does that make you?

Surely that makes them a good team?

Okay, simmer down with the 'cheats' stuff. I will put it down to you feeling a little tender after that pumping but the fact is we were more up for it than Dundee and we worked much harder. Did we commit more fouls? Yes we did but it was not malicious it was simply pressing and physicality, if Dundee couldn't handle it then that is the fault of your players and manager. Plus if we are an "average team" how bad does that make you?

Albeit illegally.

Did Dundee fans really start chanting Stevie Mays name during this? :lol:

Yes.

:lol:

To be fair Harkins completely ran the show last week, although against our midfield thats not much to boast about just now

Horses for courses. Right to play Harkins last week, wrong to play him this week.

United were brutal at times but tbf they played to the ref - as soon as he chickened out they knew they could go in give away a foul and not get carded. United were far more up for it and our midfield were awful - we really needed a bit of bite in there - missing Thomson badly. I personally would have started McBride/Davidson instead of Harkins.

I suspect we'll make wholesale changes for the cup game - Saturday at County is more important.

Archived