Dundee vs Dundee Utd - 21/09/14

As an English based fan of Scottish Football, this is a game I would love to go to, but sadly this one clashes with the mighty red and whites trip to sunny Burnley and the Roker Rovers will be mostly found roving round the pubs and clubs of Lancashires most sexy little town. Don't think the second Dundee derby at Dens fits our plans either this season :(.

We will get up there at some point though. Been to Dundee a few times and its a great city.

Do you prefer Dundee or the dirty arabs? Thank you

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it Sunday yet? Crowd w**k stuff is shite, let's be happy that at the moment both Dundee clubs are enjoying excellent backing and long may it continue.

There is a definite decrease in the arrogance of recent years from utds fans this time round but this will be an incredibly difficult game. Form tends to go out the window in these games and it often comes down to who wants it more. I just hope we do!

Ciftci out is excellent news and hopefully it's a game too soon for Armstrong but you get the feeling he'll play even if it's a risk.

Despite irvines excellent performances to date we all suspect that can't last forever and a Dow or gms running at him is a sobering thought!

Getting really good value from the bookies on Dundee, we looked completely toothless after Ciftci got sent off on Saturday. Really hope Armstrong and Dow are back to boost the attack otherwise we could definitely struggle to break down whats been a well organised Dundee defence.

Getting really good value from the bookies on Dundee, we looked completely toothless after Ciftci got sent off on Saturday. Really hope Armstrong and Dow are back to boost the attack otherwise we could definitely struggle to break down whats been a well organised Dundee defence.

Stop this toxic nonsense. United are the big team, the favourites, the most successful team over the last thirty years, etc... Remember Aladdin, we are the yo yo twice bankrupt team that are good for 9 points to the Utd cause..Your reserve team will toast us...We are only playing to make up the numbers.You can't have excuses before the game!

GIRFUY. :)

Stop this toxic nonsense. United are the big team, the favourites, the most successful team over the last thirty years, etc... Remember Aladdin, we are the yo yo twice bankrupt team that are good for 9 points to the Utd cause..Your reserve team will toast us...We are only playing to make up the numbers.

BNB in reality shocker, finally!

A few of my Arab mates seem to think Dundee are the favourites here. Don't see it that way myself. We're still the newly promoted side, and as bad as United played on Saturday (according to them), they're still sitting level on points at the top.

It'll definitely be a more competitive game than the Derbies last time we were up, but then again that's not saying much!

Quick question to fellow Dees - would you rather take a defeat in the league, and put them out the cup, or the other way around?

Personally I think the league game is much more important. Despite the good start, staying in this league is the number one priority. A cup run could be a bit distracting.

Saying that, if we lose the league game I'd be more than happy to put them out the cup.

Personally I think the league game is much more important. Despite the good start, staying in this league is the number one priority. A cup run could be a bit distracting.

Saying that, if we lose the league game I'd be more than happy to put them out the cup.

This

A few of my Arab mates seem to think Dundee are the favourites here. Don't see it that way myself. We're still the newly promoted side, and as bad as United played on Saturday (according to them), they're still sitting level on points at the top.

It'll definitely be a more competitive game than the Derbies last time we were up, but then again that's not saying much!

Quick question to fellow Dees - would you rather take a defeat in the league, and put them out the cup, or the other way around?

Its all about the league this year, I'd take a 5 nil gubbing in the cup for a 1 nil tight win in the league everytime this season. We don't have a big enough squad (outside of midfield) to compete in both league and cups and we need to keep our eye on the main prize this year. Its still baby steps as far as I'm concerned.

If I had to choose I would prefer to win the cup game.

We are doing well in the league and while that is the priority after the last couple of games I would say we could probably afford to drop 3 points and still be in a not to bad position.

Love a good cup run and it has been far to long since we went to the later stages of one of the cups.

Archived