After the vote

bowmore

I only just realised the other night but it's clear that he's been stealing all of Alex Massie's patter for the last eighteen months. Massie used terms like "toy parliament" and said the SNP were on the right when he was on the telly the other night.

Up until very recently he was very sneering and derisory of everything Yes. Now he's acting as if he would take a Yes win with good grace.

It's as transparent as an aldi carrier bag.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And equal social media coverage?

Are you upset about the likes of NewsNat and Wings Over Scotland? Doesn't WoS claim that it's biased agenda-driven blog, often factually inaccurate, reaches hundreds of thousands of viewers?

Is that fair? Let me go out on a limb here by guessing "that's different"?

Social media coverage generally is generated by people in their masses, MSM coverage is generated by vested interests. TV & Newspapers are consumed through very few channels, social media is researched & detailed, not reduced to soundbites. Wings advertise their bias right on their front page, unlike the BBC & MSM but I would challenge you to find a better investigative quality, better cited blog anywhere.

Social media coverage generally is generated by people in their masses, MSM coverage is generated by vested interests. TV & Newspapers are consumed through very few channels, social media is researched & detailed, not reduced to soundbites. Wings advertise their bias right on their front page, unlike the BBC & MSM but I would challenge you to find a better investigative quality, better cited blog anywhere.

Ah right. Label me stunned. WoS (one character s personal crusade funded by Yes voters) peddling nonsense and breathlessly repeated by unthinking idiots is great is it?

Investigative quality :lol:

'Cant be two people in Scotland called Lally'. Its a conspiracy!!

I'd actually rather people made their own minds up rather than being influenced by clowns on the internet posting one sided drivel or the Faily Record publishing one sided drivel.

Sadly people are morons. No surprise to see yet again though the double standards of the Yes voter laid out.

I'd actually rather people made their own minds up rather than being influenced by clowns on the internet posting one sided drivel or the Faily Record publishing one sided drivel.

Possibly the most ironic post I have ever seen since joining P&B.

Ah right. Label me stunned. WoS (one character s personal crusade funded by Yes voters) peddling nonsense and breathlessly repeated by unthinking idiots is great is it?

He made a complete c*nt of the Lally thing, when you produce as much content as he does a mistake or 2 is inevitable though, in my opinion he is generally brilliant at a) identifying a relevant story, b) deconstructing the story into its constituent parts, c) critically analysing the constituent parts & d) delivering his opinion judgement with the benefit of relevant citations. Some of the wingers are a wee bit cultish but the vast majority or them arent, (I dont post there btw), there are loads of interesting comments on the blog. If Scotland delivers a Yes vote next week then like him or loathe him Stuart Campbell will have played a pretty big part in it.

He made a complete c*nt of the Lally thing, when you produce as much content as he does a mistake or 2 is inevitable though, in my opinion he is generally brilliant at a) identifying a relevant story, b) deconstructing the story into its constituent parts, c) critically analysing the constituent parts & d) delivering his opinion judgement with the benefit of relevant citations. Some of the wingers are a wee bit cultish but the vast majority or them arent, (I dont post there btw), there are loads of interesting comments on the blog. If Scotland delivers a Yes vote next week then like him or loathe him Stuart Campbell will have played a pretty big part in it.

He didn't make a c**t of the Lally thing in any way shape or form.

He rightly highlighted BTUKOK portraying her as an "ordinary mother". Quite the opposite of her tear stained mewlings on the news, no one had a personal pop at her. The pop was directed at BTUKOK and, in fact, it was proven that no personal vitriol was directed her way at all.

The only person who made a c**t of the Lally thing was Ad Lib on here.

Ordinary normal no voters could have organised and funded their own effort.

VoteNoBorders and other internet entities of that ilk have had a crack at it but the fact is that there simply hasn't been the backing.

This may be down to demographics. The kind of people who are keeping pace with Social media are younger and so more likely to be "Yes".

It may also be that there simply isn't the same demand.

Wings' describes itself as giving us the "facts" that the mainstream media won't give us.

If there was a niche on the "no" side for "facts" that the mainstream media omitted then you, or someone like you, could have filled it.

It would appear to me however that there is nothing out there on the "No" side of the argument that could be described as "fact", never mind fact, that hasn't been picked up by at least the Telegraph.

After the likes of the Mail and the Telegraph have had their go what's left for the likes of VoteNoBorders is to either parrot their professional counterparts or to spout nonsense that even they would print.

The "Wings over Scotland endorses 9/11" trope is the archetypical case.

He didn't make a c**t of the Lally thing in any way shape or form.

He rightly highlighted BTUKOK portraying her as an "ordinary mother". Quite the opposite of her tear stained mewlings on the news, no one had a personal pop at her. The pop was directed at BTUKOK and, in fact, it was proven that no personal vitriol was directed her way at all.

The only person who made a c**t of the Lally thing was Ad Lib on here.

He did make a c*nt of the Lally thing by portraying her as a relative of Pat Lally's, (of the similar slightly differently spelled name & both with a disabled child), & by extension the Glasgow Labour Mafia it was a reasonable assumption to make given the same first names of their respective husbands but you have to remember the standard of proof required for Yes is much higher than that for No. I totally agree that she is no ordinary mother & I totally agree about Ad Lib's contribution.

He did make a c*nt of the Lally thing by portraying her as a relative of Pat Lally's, (of the similar slightly differently spelled name & both with a disabled child), & by extension the Glasgow Labour Mafia it was a reasonable assumption to make given the same first names of their respective husbands but you have to remember the standard of proof required for Yes is much higher than that for No. I totally agree that she is no ordinary mother & I totally agree about Ad Lib's contribution.

Ah, that.

He did go on to apologise for that, but it should be highlighted that among all the furore, the only thing he did wrong was to repeat information he was given that she was related to someone.

Hardly crime of the century.

You be missed a crucial part here... and beautifully proved my point so thank you for that.

His blog is one-sided. Unashamedly. No matter the story we get a skewed often inaccurate lets make yes look good level of drivel.

That you think this one individual will have influenced voters to vote Yes perfectly illustrated my point. Im glad you agree.

The fact you think Stuart Campbell feeding unthinking morons Yes propaganda they take away repeat and change peoples views at the same time as you are outraged at the same happening for No is absolutely hilarious.

Yes supporters are in such a mess here.

You have completely lost all sense of reality and fairness so long ago.

Brainwashing voters to Yes with lies peddled by a guy from Somerset that doesn't even have a vote - great. Sigh.

You be missed a crucial part here... and beautifully proved my point so thank you for that.

His blog is one-sided. Unashamedly. No matter the story we get a skewed often inaccurate lets make yes look good level of drivel.

That you think this one individual will have influenced voters to vote Yes perfectly illustrated my point. Im glad you agree.

The fact you think Stuart Campbell feeding unthinking morons Yes propaganda they take away repeat and change peoples views at the same time as you are outraged at the same happening for No is absolutely hilarious.

Brainwashing voters to Yes with lies peddled by a guy from Somerset that doesn't even have a vote - great. Sigh.

Oh hello Anthony. Another weekend I.T. meltdown. These are getting to be a pesky regularity!

Does anyone know what H_B does for a living?

I.T. dogsbody, apparently, Like Anthony C Pick, only less bloggy.

He only comes on here when he's working, so he said. There's been an awful lot of weekend I.T. malfunctions at his work lately. So either he's talking shite or he's awful at his job.

I can see why you have your reservations if that's your starting premise.

The Bank of England have said nothing of any interest or relevance on the issue of currency. "Westminster", as you put, are actively lobbying against Independence - hardly an impartial source. I do like the bit about the government having a duty to its citizens though.

I hope you can see the point though, why the UK will not have a currency union with an 'outside' country. It won't happen.

His articles, as I said before, are well cited to external sources - of course folk will be influenced by him just as they influenced by the BBC, MSM their friends, family etc.. I don't really get your point Tony.

I.T. dogsbody, apparently, Like Anthony C Pick, only less bloggy.

He only comes on here when he's working, so he said. There's been an awful lot of weekend I.T. malfunctions at his work lately. So either he's talking shite or he's awful at his job.

IT dogsbody.

So when he asks someone a question it's usually along the lines of 'how many sugars do ye take?'

Sadly people are morons. No surprise to see yet again though the double standards of the Yes voter laid out.

No need for this attitude "people are morons" in an independant scotland cya. Que sara sara.

Archived