Harthill Royal

davwar78

To be honest, do we actually need to rake through all this on a public forum?

Whatever the truth, the old management team are gone, a new management team are in place, and thankfully the club survive.

The place to air grievances is at committee meetings.

I would have thought the point is clearly not about who is manager or not, but is about how the club is run and has been run.

Given that committee meetings are called from those happening to be enjoying the delights of the Harthill Speakeasy on a certain night it is clear to everyone it is merely a club run by a small cartel. And the position of the club is such no one can argue with the fact it is run incompetently.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The discussions regarding the finances of Harthill have went far enough.

Any grievances individuals may have should be dealt with in private via the correct routes, not aired on a public forum.

Please note that when making allegations about others, do not think you're anonymous because of a username. If deemed appropriate, I.P addresses and email addresses will be passed to the relevant authorities.

I will reopen this thread for now, if the discussion remains about football and football only.

What ARE the 'correct routes' ????

I am totally aware of the issues of being anonymous or otherwise. If anything that has been posted here so far is inaccurate, untrue, libellous or worthy of the attention of the "relevant authorities" then I might be nervous.I am not!

Perhaps it would be best if we passed the information we had to the "relevant authorities"? :o Do you want to know what those authorities would be?

What ARE the 'correct routes' ????

I am totally aware of the issues of being anonymous or otherwise. If anything that has been posted here so far is inaccurate, untrue, libellous or worthy of the attention of the "relevant authorities" then I might be nervous.I am not!

Perhaps it would be best if we passed the information we had to the "relevant authorities"? :o Do you want to know what those authorities would be?

Well why don't you then instead of wailing and gnashing your teeth in here? What do you hope to achieve in terms of effecting change by this approach? It's very clear there are 2 sides to the story and wherever the truth is, absolutely nobody is emerging with much credit from it. If you or others are convinced that money is being syphoned out of the club and that the way it's being done is at best unpalatable then use a channel that will get something done about it.

Would it make any difference whether they're in the 'Harthill Speakeasy' having drinks on a certain night or in Joe Bloggs living room drinking tea on a certain night??

Makes no difference other than the fact the club pays for heat and light at the speakeasy, and gets no income.

So by all means go to Joe Bloggs for your cup of tea, but if you are paying to furnish his house and pay the bills for utilities and TV, he would have a right cheek charging you £1 a cuppa.

Here is what is doing the rounds at Harthill. This is second hand mind you. its only what sparky was told by person he is working for, but he is close to the club. Make your own mind up from this,

It looked as though there was an attempt to take over the running of the club. Manager and assistant brought relatives on board as committee members.

An AGM was called for Sunday 3rd August. All connected with the club could attend. Management and committee knew about the AGM as they were at general meeting when the date was agreed. It would also appear that the management and related committee members had no intention of attending AGM claiming that they didnt know, and this was their way of undermining the Secretary, and getting him out, as the next man being the President, was an easier target.

The manager, just happened to arrive at the clubhouse shortly before the AGM was to start, and had a read at the Financial Statement, before leaving a few minutes later, and this is what his accusations are based on. There was several copies of this statement for all to see, and not hidden from anyone, along with copies of the constitution and agenda.

Very few attended the AGM, but a committee was put in place from those in attendance, minimum of four, for operating purposes. A further EGM was called for on the first Sunday in September, to allow any changes to be made as required. Nothing sinister there me thinks, just following protocall if that is right.

After the first league game, on the wednesday night against Pumpherston, the management and related committee members asked to speak to the secretary in the clubhouse, but did so after everyone else was away from the ground. They immediately accused him of various things, with mismanagement or non accounting of club funds. The secretary attempted to answer these accusations, but was shouted at every time he tried to speak, and eventually left the meeting without answering any of the accusations. My understanding is also that he said he was going to resign, the next day.

Following on from this point, the secretary didnt go to the game on the Saturday, and then refused to attend a meeting called by the management team on the next Tuesday night. Maintaining that the committee run the club and not the management. The secretary did however, call a meeting to clear his name the following evening, Wednesday, where all committee were asked, and did attend. As far as I am aware, the related accusers on the committee side, walked out of the meeting when the secretary announced that as he had done nothing wrong, he was not going to resign. He also went on to prove his innocense to those remaining, and the finances were for the second time, passed as being correct and above board. There was not one single item of evidence produced at the meeting by anyone to show irregularities, and as a result they were instantly dismissed. It was also stated that the secretary had no say at all, in the decision to sack the management and their relations.

The manager who had just been sacked, saw fit to contact and arrange a meeting with the players on the Thursday, the day after being dismissed. The players should have been training, and not at a meeting with someone who had no justification in calling them together. Ironic then, that no players turned up on the Saturday for the home game against Stoneyburn. This is thr reason that the Scottish fa were called in, as each player was in breach of contract. The ban they could have got was from them, not the club. Nothing to do with the club. What is clear, is that someone, possibly a player, is feeding HarthillJFC with information, and he is using what he thinks are positives for himself.

If this is a true account of events, then shame on you guys, and everyone should get behind the real Harthill Juniors, and help them pull through.

I know what I am beginning to believe no. It would still help big time, if someone from Harthill came out and told us their view. See how much of this is true.

Given the detail provided here I would have thought davwar78 would have answered even just one of my questions. Some were of the 'is the pope a Catholic' type, so nothing too demanding.

Also messaged davwar78 with some info which I thought best to not share publicly. It gave what some people would see as a possible explanation for some of the behaviour casing concern at Harthill Royal. Again he hasn't acknowledged or commented on it. Unless he already knew!!! :bag

You removed that post very quickly HarthillJFC. Shameful.

This has become quite possibly the most bitter, ridiculous and now offensive thread on P+B. You know what you posted then deleted!!!

I saw the post. Would be stunned if HarthillJFC has not been banned by the site admin. While u are at it please close down this thread.

Archived