The Rover

Casual Bystander

Watch the trailer, then forget it, as it really doesn't explain the film at all.

It's a good film though, from the lad that directed Animal Kingdom, and if you can deal with Robert Pattinson's accent (his acting is actually quite good once you realise he is meant to be retarded rather than just acting normal badly) then I would recommend it.

Guy Pearce just keeps on delivering, what a really really good actor he is.

The film? Hmm... take a low budget road movie, give it hints of Mad Max (after all it is set in Aus) and mix in some nice cinematography and a brooding lead character (Pearce) and you'll get this. Patchy in bits, but overall a very decent watch.

Watch the trailer, then forget it, as it really doesn't explain the film at all.

It's a good film though, from the lad that directed Animal Kingdom, and if you can deal with Robert Pattinson's accent (his acting is actually quite good once you realise he is meant to be retarded rather than just acting normal badly) then I would recommend it.

Aye, took me a while to realise he was playing a blinder. :lol: Kinda annoyed me early too as I thought "he's usually better than this". He and Pearce were both wonderful. Carried it a bit, as it felt like a good short stretched out so needed good performances to help pad out the rest.

Carried it a bit, as it felt like a good short stretched out so needed good performances to help pad out the rest.

Yeah, I think the minimalism it tried for made it feel like a film that maybe needed more to it, but that doesn't detract from anything. At the end you don't feel it could have been longer nor that it was too long.

Archived