17 year old killed at Asda Linwood fuel pump

FlyerTon

I like how the Record have about twenty pictures of her in various stages of glam.

A sombre, dignified article.

Click on the gallery link on that page... look at the last photo when it's still small at the bottom of the screen, without clicking on it. Looks a bit like something.

Cheap flowers from the petrol station sold out? Take an old football top and leave it instead.

Nothing says I love you more than pinning a rangers or celtic top to a fence.

Was told an elderly man drove away with the petrol pump still attached to his car, she went over to take it out but he reversed and ended up driving over her and dragging her body along with the car. Don't know how true that is, doesn't matter anyway I suppose.

I once seen a OAP driver do that, they quickly realised, stopped and took it out but then drove off without closing their fuel cap over.

Was told an elderly man drove away with the petrol pump still attached to his car, she went over to take it out but he reversed and ended up driving over her and dragging her body along with the car. Don't know how true that is, doesn't matter anyway I suppose.

I once seen a OAP driver do that, they quickly realised, stopped and took it out but then drove off without closing their fuel cap over.

I just can't get my head around how this can even be done as an accident. You need to release the handle when you're finished putting petrol in, anyone at that point who leaves the petrol pump still in the car and gets in the car to drive away shouldn't really be driving, IMO. Leaving the filler cap open I understand as you could have moved to put the pump back and forgot about it, still stupid but understandable at least.

Archived